One of the biggest names in combat sports is a free agent.
Brock Lesnar no longer is under contract with WWE, multiple sources confirmed to ESPN on Monday. PW Insider was the first to report the news.
Over the weekend, WWE pulled Lesnar's merchandise from the promotion's online store.
Lesnar has been one of the biggest stars in MMA and pro wrestling since the early 2000s. He's a multiple-time WWE champion and former UFC heavyweight champion. And he's one of the biggest pay-per-view draws in UFC history.
Since 2012, Lesnar has mainly been back with WWE after his four-year run in the UFC. But Lesnar returned to the Octagon to beat Mark Hunt at UFC 200 in 2016, a bout that was overturned to a no contest after a Lesnar positive drug test.
Each time Lesnar's contract with WWE has come up over the years, the UFC has been part of the conversation. Lesnar is a former NCAA champion in amateur wrestling.
In 2017, then-light heavyweight champion Jon Jones called out Lesnar. Last year, Lesnar was in talks with the UFC about a heavyweight title fight against then-champion Daniel Cormier. Lesnar confronted Cormier in the cage after Cormier won the belt at UFC 226 in 2018. But that potential bout fell through, Cormier has said, because Lesnar couldn't come to financial terms with the UFC.
UFC president Dana White told TMZ on Monday that he's open to booking a fight between Lesnar and Jones if Lesnar is "seriously interested" in the fight, which Lesnar has not indicated publicly at this point. White previously has said he considers Lesnar retired from mixed martial arts.
Lesnar, 43, also could have suitors in the pro-wrestling world such as AEW, which is owned by the Khan family, owners of the Jacksonville Jaguars.
Lesnar last appeared in WWE in April at WrestleMania, where he lost the WWE title to Drew McIntyre.