A report that Toronto FC attacker Sebastian Giovinco has left the team's training camp in California to return to Toronto ahead of a possible transfer is not true, a team representative has told ESPN FC.
In recent days, rumours have suggested Giovinco is heading to Saudi Arabian club Al-Hilal, with Saudi Arabian daily Al Jazirah reporting that he had been issued with an entry visa.
The report that Giovinco had left the camp added to the impression that his departure was increasingly likely, but the team representative said he had travelled to Los Angeles to see a specialist about tightness in his leg at the request of his agent, Andrea D'Amico.
Manager Greg Vanney gave Giovinco permission to see the specialist, and the player is expected to return to Toronto's camp later on Monday.
An attempt by ESPN FC to contract D'Amico was not successful.
Sources confirmed a TSN report that TFC received an offer for Giovinco last week, but it was of "zero interest" to the club.
Giovinco, 32, who is in the last year of his contract, has previously said he wants to stay with Toronto.
"I try to honour my contract," he told Sportsnet. "We'll see what happens. I want to stay here, but I hear something already this season [that] somebody wants to offer me to another team. [It] can be my last [year], or not. We'll see."
The Italy international has been a potent force since arriving in Toronto ahead of the 2015 campaign. He was named league MVP that season, and two years later helped lead TFC to a domestic treble.
Overall, Giovinco has amassed 73 goals and 57 assists in 125 league and playoff appearances for the Reds.