The winter window draws closer with each passing day, and the transfer rumour mill is starting to pick up steam. As always, Transfer Talk has the latest and greatest. See all the summer deals here.
TOP STORY: Cahill's Chelsea future in doubt?
Cahill will celebrate his 30th birthday next month, and Chelsea have what The Sun calls a "strict over-30s rule" that means the England international effectively has three weeks to agree the longer deal that he really wants.
The Sun reports that the centre-back currently earns £100,000 a week and is keen to commit the rest of his career to the club, but time is running out.
The Times -- which notes that Michael Ballack and Didier Drogba both left Stamford Bridge after rejecting one-year contract extensions -- adds: "Chelsea's failure to tie Cahill down after initiating talks last season also suggests ambivalence on their part about a player who is no longer guaranteed a place in Jose Mourinho's starting lineup as a result of the emergence of Kurt Zouma."
Chelsea may be planning for life without Costa
Neither Mourinho nor Diego Costa are particularly well known for PDA, so it was a little unusual for the Chelsea coach to suggest the pair made up after their bust-up at Maccabi Tel-Aviv with "a few kisses and cuddles" in the dressing room.
While Chelsea have been repeatedly linked with new strikers of late given Radamel Falcao's poor form, the Guardian reports the Blues will actually "use the next few weeks to consider their options" over whether to replace Costa, given his relationship with the coach is "showing signs of fracture."
With that in mind, Mourinho may be pleased to discover Argentine striker Jonathan Calleri is keen on testing himself in the Premier League.
The Express has linked the 22-year-old Boca Juniors starlet with Chelsea after he hit 22 goals and 11 assists this season, with Goal reporting him as saying: "Six months ago I wasn't ready to move abroad. I believe that right now, after becoming [Argentinian League] champion, [having played] more matches and playing alongside Carlos [Tevez], I'm more prepared."
And last but not least at Chelsea, The Sun says Gary Cahill is "sweating" on a new contract given that he turns 30 in barely three weeks; if no new deal is agreed to before then, all he'll get is the club's "strict" statutory one-year extension offer.
Man City reject Nasri offer
With Samir Nasri announcing he will be out of action for around four to six months following surgery, you wonder if the French playmaker is in danger of being left behind at Manchester City by the time he recovers, given the plethora of talent Manuel Pellegrini can call on.
However, the Mirror reports City are reluctant to lose the 28-year-old to any of their European rivals, and have rejected a £10 million approach from Juventus.
The paper says City "insist Nasri is not for sale," despite Juventus making their intentions known, and the midfielder seems to have a future in Manchester. It's easy to bash Nasri, but let's not forget just how instrumental he was in City's Premier League title run-in of 2013-14.
United still eyeing Hummels?
Mats Hummels' future has been the subject of much speculation for the past two summers, though it seems the Borussia Dortmund defender could simply be another Wesley Sneijder figure for Manchester United -- always in the picture, but never truly destined for Old Trafford.
Still, Ed Woodward and Louis van Gaal could be spurred on by Bild's recent report that the Germany centre-back's relationship with new coach Thomas Tuchel is "not the best," despite Hummels crediting Jurgen Klopp's replacement with helping him lose weight to find form and fitness earlier this season.
United have the Premier League's meanest defence, but Van Gaal still has yet to find a reliable partner for first-choice Chris Smalling. Should Hummels decide that this season at BVB is his last, expect United to come calling.
Meanwhile, Victor Valdes took to Twitter on Wednesday to say he is "fighting to be free" from his Old Trafford nightmare. You can close bets on him staying at United beyond January, it seems.
No defraudar a los que desean volver a verme jugar, mi motivación. Lucho por ser Libre y disfrutar de mi profesión. pic.twitter.com/rhs7tCNofo
- Victor Valdes (@1victorvaldes) November 25, 2015
The next Dele Alli -- already?
Dele Alli is not even out of his teenage years, but the Mirror are dutifully reporting both Leicester and West Brom are on the trail of "the next Alli" in the form of Burnley starlet Tendayi Darikwa.
Darikwa has impressed in the Championship for Burnley this season, and the Mirror says both Leicester and the Baggies are scouting him with hopes that the midfielder/right-back can make the same step up as Alli did from MK Dons to Tottenham.
The fact that Darikwa is 23, while Alli is just 19, is conveniently pushed to one side, of course -- obviously we all may as well hope to become the next Cristiano Ronaldo Jr.
Townsend seeks Toon escape
Unfortunately for Andros Townsend, the form of the likes of Alli has meant that he has been pushed to the fringes of the Tottenham squad -- though it could be argued he literally pushed his way there after an argument with club fitness coach Nathan Gardiner in early November. Sources told ESPN FC earlier this season that Townsend may seek a Spurs exit in order to keep his hopes of a Euro 2016 role with England alive, and the Mail reports Newcastle United are looking at bringing in the 24-year-old winger on loan in January with a view to a permanent summer move.
Not content with just one English fringe player, the paper also suggests Magpies boss Steve McClaren is plotting an "ambitious" move for Swansea City star Jonjo Shelvey, though that transfer isn't expected to be that easy (or perhaps likely).
- Crystal Palace have netted just eight times in their past 10 Premier League games, and the Mirror reports Alan Pardew is targeting Sporting Lisbon's £14 million-rated striker Islam Slimani as the man to solve their goal-scoring woes.
- With Dimitri Payet out for around three months with a knee injury, West Ham are targeting Besiktas winger Gokhan Tore, according to the Mirror. The paper also adds that should Slaven Bilic tie up a reunion with the 23-year-old, having coached him previously in Turkey, the transfer could spell curtains for Hammers outcast Michail Antonio.