Top 14 roundup: Toulon win at Toulouse

Noa Nakaitaci scored a hat trick as Clermont romped Racing. Thierry Zoccolan/AFP/Getty Images

Toulon won 32-15 at Stade Toulousain, with 14 points from Leigh Halfpenny crucial in the visitors win.

Tries from Guilhem Guirado and Axel Muller, combined with a regular stream of points from Halfpenny put Toulon 18-9 ahead at the half-time break.

Stade Toulousain kept in touch for much of the second half, but a drop goal from Francois Trinh-Duc and a late try from Charles Olllivon secured victory for Toulon.

Stade Toulousain did not manage to score a try, their points coming through five penalties, two from Florian Fritz and three by Sebastian Bezy.

Grenoble defeated Brive 36-23 in a lively match featuring five converted tries, five penalties and two red cards.

Grenoble led 20-13 at half-time thanks to tries from Sona Taumalolo and Charl McLeod, with Benjamin Lapeyre crossing for Brive.

The drama was only just starting though, as in stoppage time at the end of the opening half , as Grenoble players Damien Jourdain and Sona Taumalolo were sent off, as was Nigel Hunt of Brive.

Despite playing an entire half with a man advantage Brive couldn't make it count, scoring just one try through Kakha Asieshvilli.

Geetan Germain kicked 13 points for the visitors, but a second half try from Armond Battle, combined with Jonathan Wisniewski scoring 18 points with the boot, ensured Grenoble secured the win.

Clermont Auvergne put in a superb performance as they brushed aside Racing 92 47-10.

Clermont led 27-0 at half-time thanks to 12 points from the boot of Morgan Parra, and a penalty try, with Noa Nakaitaci and Camille Lopez also touching down.

A penalty from Maxime Machenaud got Racing 92 on the board just before the break, Clermont 27-3 ahead.

The hosts' dominance continued in the second half, with a Lopez drop goal and further tries from hat trick hero Nakaitaci and Davit Zirakashvili giving Clermont a whopping 44-point lead before a late Sean Robinson try for the visitors.

Stade Francais edged past Castres 29-25 in an action-packed match at Stade Jean-Bounin.

The hosts led 13-9 at half-time, a try from Jules Plisson the difference between the teams, before an explosive second-half.

Penalties were traded before, with Stade Francais 19-12 ahead, Jules Plisson was sent off just before the hour mark.

A converted try from David Smith put Castres in the lead, but two minutes later a converted try from Geoffrey Doumayrou made it 26-22 to Stade Francais.

A penalty from Bejamin Urdapilleta, who kicked 17 points across the match, left Castres just a point behind, with eight minutes left and a one man advantage.

The game had one score left in it, but that came to Stade Francais, a penalty from Julien Dupuy securing a narrow victory for the hosts.

Bordeaux Begles beat Bayonne 40-20, outscoring the visitors by four tries to two.

Adam Ashley-Cooper and Blair Connor both crossed for Bordeaux, whilst Julien Rey scored a brace of tries.

Ian Madigan kicked 16 points for the hosts and Lionel Beauxis converted two late tries in a match Bordeaux led throughout.

Romain Martial and Gregory Arganese scored tries for Bayonne, whilst Willie du Plessis struck 8 points with the boot.

La Rochelle scored four converted tries to comfortably defeat Lyon 43-18.

Paul Jordan and Gabriel Lacroix both crossed for La Rochelle, with Kini Murimurivalu notching a brace of tries inbetween them.

Jules Lebail kicked 18 points for the hosts, whilst Zack Holmes scored five.

Lyon failed to score a try, Jacques-Louis Potgieter notching four penalties, Jerome Porical kicking two.

Montpellier Herault secured a convincing 41-13 victory over Pau, thanks primarily to 19 points from Benoit Paillaugue.

Paillague went over in the first half for Montpellier, and a penalty try left the hosts in command.

Moses Ratuvo scored for Pau, but a try from Vincent Martin in first-half stoppage time put Montpellier 24-8 ahead at the break.

After the break Vincent Martin and Marvin O'Connor scored for Montpellier.

Mehdi Boundjema added a consolation try for Pau late on, with a converted penalty try for Montpellier completing the scoring.