NBL: Bryce Cotton stuns as Perth Wildcats edge Melbourne United

Bryce Cotton has broken Melbourne United hearts with a game-winning shot in the final seconds to seal a 95-93 win for the Perth Wildcats.

Sunday's grand final rematch at Melbourne Arena delivered another classic encounter between the two league heavyweights as the Wildcats came back from eight points down in the final quarter.

United's Melo Trimble tied the game at 93-93 with 32 seconds to play but with the clock winding down, Cotton banked in a long perimeter shot to leave the home side winless after three games.

United held a narrow lead after a physical opening half but the defending champions struck back as Cotton (27 points) came to life in the third quarter.

Trimble (21 points) and Chris Goulding (17 points) inspired a 16-4 burst in the final quarter as the home side closed in on victory before Cotton's late heroics.

Seeking their first win of the season, Goulding came out firing with nine of United's first 11 points, all from beyond the arc, while the defence kept danger man Cotton quiet early.

The home side led by as many as six but aggressive play from Mitch Norton and a late bank shot from former United centre Majok Majok cut the home side's quarter-time lead to 22-19.

The second quarter turned into an ugly scrap with numerous foul calls, including a third for Goulding that saw him spend final six minutes of the half on the bench.

Reserve forward Tohi Smith-Milner stepped up in Goulding absence but Kay's steady presence kept the Wildcats level until Trimble broke through for his first basket of the game as United grabbed a 44-42 advantage at halftime.

Perth made a flying start to the second half with Cotton drilling a three-pointer for the Wildcats' first lead of the night but after a triple from White extended the lead to six, United steadied to trail 69-65 heading into the fourth quarter.

With the game in the balance, Trimble kick-started United's crucial run with a four-point play while Goulding brought the crowd to life with a three-pointer followed by a desperation pass from the floor to find an open Mitch McCarron for an 83-75 edge.

But the Wildcats clawed their way back to set up Cotton's game-winning shot.