Path gets tougher for No. 24 Baylor; Coastal Carolina looms
Defense was the difference Thursday for No. 24 Baylor in the quarterfinals of the Myrtle Beach Invitational, but the Bears will have to be even better when they battle host Coastal Carolina on Friday in the semifinals in Conway, S.C.
Diakite looks to keep No. 7 Virginia unbeaten vs. UMass
Mamadi Diakite initially declared for the 2019 NBA Draft after helping Virginia capture its first national championship last season.
After upsetting loss, No. 22 Texas aims to regroup vs. Cal
No. 22 Texas uncorked its worst half of basketball on Thursday, and the Longhorns will be ready to wipe away that bad performance when they square off against California on Friday in the third-place game of the 2K Empire Classic Benefiting Wounded...
No. 18 Xavier looks to continue strong play vs. UConn
No. 18 Xavier opened the Charleston Classic with its most complete game of the season Thursday as the new and old meshed seamlessly.
No. 1 Duke, Georgetown at home in vying for title
Members of the Duke basketball program like to refer to Madison Square Garden as one of their favorite venues away from home.
Buie, Ray lead Hofstra to 88-78 win over UCLA
Desure Buie scored a career-high 29 points, Jalen Ray added a career-high 27 and Hofstra rallied in the second half to defeat UCLA 88-78 on Thursday night at Pauley Pavilion.
Most Quality Wins
Non-Conf SOS Leader
|RK||TEAM||CONF||W-L||SOR RK||Seed||SOR S-Curve||Qual W-L||SOS RK||Non-Conf SOS RK|
|5||Seton HallHALL||Big East||3-1||65||--||79||0-1||119||117|
|8||St. John'sSJU||Big East||4-1||118||--||124||0-1||300||293|
- SOR RK: Rank of Strength of Record (SOR) among all Division I teams. SOR reflects the chance a typical 25th ranked team would have team's record or better, given the schedule on a 0 to 100 scale, where 100 is best.
- Seed: Seed in the NCAA Tournament based on SOR.
- SOR S-Curve: A team's spot on the NCAA Tournament S-Curve based on current SOR.
- Qual W-L: Number of wins and losses against current top 50 BPI teams.
- SOS RK: Strength of Schedule (SOS) rank among all Division I teams based on how a typical 25th ranked team would do against each team's schedule to date. SOS accounts for the game location, day's rest, travel distance, and high altitude in addition to opponent strength.
- Non-Conf SOS RK: SOS rank for non-conference games to date among all Division I teams.