NCAA tournament bubble can burst for some teams in November
Missouri State, which lost a heartbreaker to Xavier last Friday, faces the type of reality not confronted by the high-major teams.
No. 8 Gonzaga gets cooking with Tillie back vs. Bakersfield
Gonzaga finally got healthy this week.
College basketball picks: Who are the biggest early surprises?
ESPN.com's college hoops experts make their picks for this weekend, and also look ahead to Feast Week.
Path gets tougher for No. 24 Baylor; Coastal Carolina looms
Defense was the difference Thursday for No. 24 Baylor in the quarterfinals of the Myrtle Beach Invitational, but the Bears will have to be even better when they battle host Coastal Carolina on Friday in the semifinals in Conway, S.C.
Diakite looks to keep No. 7 Virginia unbeaten vs. UMass
Mamadi Diakite initially declared for the 2019 NBA Draft after helping Virginia capture its first national championship last season.
After upsetting loss, No. 22 Texas aims to regroup vs. Cal
No. 22 Texas uncorked its worst half of basketball on Thursday, and the Longhorns will be ready to wipe away that bad performance when they square off against California on Friday in the third-place game of the 2K Empire Classic Benefiting Wounded...
San Diego State
Most Quality Wins
Non-Conf SOS Leader
|RK||TEAM||CONF||W-L||SOR RK||Seed||SOR S-Curve||Qual W-L||SOS RK||Non-Conf SOS RK|
- SOR RK: Rank of Strength of Record (SOR) among all Division I teams. SOR reflects the chance a typical 25th ranked team would have team's record or better, given the schedule on a 0 to 100 scale, where 100 is best.
- Seed: Seed in the NCAA Tournament based on SOR.
- SOR S-Curve: A team's spot on the NCAA Tournament S-Curve based on current SOR.
- Qual W-L: Number of wins and losses against current top 50 BPI teams.
- SOS RK: Strength of Schedule (SOS) rank among all Division I teams based on how a typical 25th ranked team would do against each team's schedule to date. SOS accounts for the game location, day's rest, travel distance, and high altitude in addition to opponent strength.
- Non-Conf SOS RK: SOS rank for non-conference games to date among all Division I teams.