Morgan Wootten, Hall of Fame high school hoops coach, dies at 88
Hall of Fame high school basketball coach Morgan Wootten, of whom John Wooden once said that he knows of "no finer coach at any level," died at age 88, according to DeMatha Catholic High School, where Wootten coached for 46 years.
No. 4 SDSU beats Wyoming 72-55 to match Leonard's 20-0 start
Malachi Flynn scored 18 points and Yanni Wetzell dominated inside with 14 points for No. 4 San Diego State, which used a suffocating defense to beat Wyoming 72-55 Tuesday night and match the best start in school history at 20-0.
Bean's double-double helps Utah St. overwhelm Air Force
Justin Bean scored 16 points with 13 rebounds and Sam Merrill scored 15 and Utah State beat Air Force 72-47 on Tuesday.
Wetzell flushes powerful jam
San Diego State runs the pick-and-roll to perfection as Malachi Flynn lasers a pass to a rolling Yanni Wetzell for the two-handed dunk.
Martin, Manigault lead New Mexico in win over San Jose St.
Missing four starters for a variety of reasons, New Mexico turned to Zane Martin and Corey Manigault, who combined for 41 points Tuesday to help the Lobos beat San Jose State 86-59.
Curry scores 13 to carry VCU past St. Joseph's 73-60
Keshawn Curry scored 13 points off the bench and VCU beat Saint Joseph's 73-60 on Tuesday night.
Most Quality Wins
Non-Conf SOS Leader
|RK||TEAM||CONF||W-L||SOR RK||Seed||SOR S-Curve||Qual W-L||SOS RK||Non-Conf SOS RK|
|1||Michigan StateMSU||Big Ten||32-7||3||2||3||19-6||1||2|
|8||Ohio StateOSU||Big Ten||20-15||34||11||34||8-12||14||26|
|11||Penn StatePSU||Big Ten||14-18||67||--||83||4-12||9||49|
- SOR RK: Rank of Strength of Record (SOR) among all Division I teams. SOR reflects the chance a typical 25th ranked team would have team's record or better, given the schedule on a 0 to 100 scale, where 100 is best.
- Seed: Seed in the NCAA Tournament based on SOR.
- SOR S-Curve: A team's spot on the NCAA Tournament S-Curve based on current SOR.
- Qual W-L: Number of wins and losses against current top 50 BPI teams.
- SOS RK: Strength of Schedule (SOS) rank among all Division I teams based on how a typical 25th ranked team would do against each team's schedule to date. SOS accounts for the game location, day's rest, travel distance, and high altitude in addition to opponent strength.
- Non-Conf SOS RK: SOS rank for non-conference games to date among all Division I teams.