Mark Emmert: 'Highly probable' federal legislation for how college athletes are compensated
NCAA president Mark Emmert said it is "highly probable'' federal legislation will be passed that sets national guidelines for how college athletes can be compensated for the use of their names, images and likenesses.
Former NC State coach Mark Gottfried's attorneys question NCAA trying to import evidence
Former NC State coach Mark Gottfried's attorneys argue the NCAA's enforcement staff improperly imported evidence from a federal criminal trial that is under appeal as he faces a failure to monitor his program charge.
The best moments of the decade in the NBA, MMA and college basketball and football
As we get ready to celebrate the beginning of a new decade, relive the best moments from the past 10 years -- starting with the NBA, then two of its biggest stars, followed by more sports as well.
J.J. Culver becomes second player to score 100 points in NAIA
J.J. Culver, the older brother of Timberwolves rookie Jarrett Culver, makes NAIA history scoring 100 points on 34 of 62 shooting for Wayland Baptist.
Ranking the top 25 players in college basketball one month into the 2019-20 season
With more than a month of the season in the books, we revisit our top-25 players list. Who made the cut, and who was bumped out?
NAIA player drops 100 points in game
J.J. Culver, the older brother of Timberwolves rookie Jarrett Culver, drops 100 points in Wayland Baptist's win over Southwestern Adventist.
Most Quality Wins
Non-Conf SOS Leader
|RK||TEAM||CONF||W-L||SOR RK||Seed||SOR S-Curve||Qual W-L||SOS RK||Non-Conf SOS RK|
|3||William & MaryW&M||CAA||20-11||104||--||112||0-2||145||135|
- SOR RK: Rank of Strength of Record (SOR) among all Division I teams. SOR reflects the chance a typical 25th ranked team would have team's record or better, given the schedule on a 0 to 100 scale, where 100 is best.
- Seed: Seed in the NCAA Tournament based on SOR.
- SOR S-Curve: A team's spot on the NCAA Tournament S-Curve based on current SOR.
- Qual W-L: Number of wins and losses against current top 50 BPI teams.
- SOS RK: Strength of Schedule (SOS) rank among all Division I teams based on how a typical 25th ranked team would do against each team's schedule to date. SOS accounts for the game location, day's rest, travel distance, and high altitude in addition to opponent strength.
- Non-Conf SOS RK: SOS rank for non-conference games to date among all Division I teams.