No. 13 Memphis, No. 19 Tennessee renew rivalry
Holiday tournaments and on-court mismatches pervade nonconference schedules of many Top 25-caliber teams. But there are also meetings between natural rivals, such as Memphis and Tennessee, to add some spice to the holiday hoops schedule.
After losing spot at Kansas, Quentin Grimes is thriving at Houston
Quentin Grimes was left without a roster spot at Kansas after testing the NBA draft waters. With help from the Jayhawks (and the NCAA), he has flourished in Houston.
College basketball picks: Brighter future -- Memphis or Tennessee?
ESPN.com's college hoops experts make their picks for this weekend, which include the annual Memphis-Tennessee grudge match.
Louisville No. 1 in combined men's and women's college basketball rankings
Louisville, in the AP top 10 in both men's and women's college hoops, leads ESPN's updated combined rankings.
No. 23 Xavier ready to visit Wake Forest
No. 23 Xavier is on a good roll, even if it doesn't always seem that way.
No. 22 Seton Hall, Rutgers battle for bragging rights
No. 22 Seton Hall is hurting from a loss at Iowa State while Rutgers is on a surge after a victory over Wisconsin.
Most Quality Wins
Non-Conf SOS Leader
|RK||TEAM||CONF||W-L||SOR RK||Seed||SOR S-Curve||Qual W-L||SOS RK||Non-Conf SOS RK|
- SOR RK: Rank of Strength of Record (SOR) among all Division I teams. SOR reflects the chance a typical 25th ranked team would have team's record or better, given the schedule on a 0 to 100 scale, where 100 is best.
- Seed: Seed in the NCAA Tournament based on SOR.
- SOR S-Curve: A team's spot on the NCAA Tournament S-Curve based on current SOR.
- Qual W-L: Number of wins and losses against current top 50 BPI teams.
- SOS RK: Strength of Schedule (SOS) rank among all Division I teams based on how a typical 25th ranked team would do against each team's schedule to date. SOS accounts for the game location, day's rest, travel distance, and high altitude in addition to opponent strength.
- Non-Conf SOS RK: SOS rank for non-conference games to date among all Division I teams.