The coronavirus pandemic has made the summer transfer window uncertain, but here are the new rumours floating around Europe's big leagues and beyond.
TOP STORY: Arsenal and AC Milan in battle for Jovic
Jovic, 22, cost Real around €60m when he moved from German side Eintracht Frankfurt last summer on a six-year deal. But the Serbian has scored only two goals in 24 games in all competitions and the Spanish club are ready to move him on.
Arsenal are keen as they are looking for a replacement for Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang if the striker fails to sign a new contract -- which looks likely.
But Milan are also in the race as they look to replace Zlatan Ibrahimovic once his short-term deal expires in the summer. The Serie A side are reportedly willing to loan Jovic with an option to buy for €50m at the end of the season.
22.00 BST: The exit of Andoni Zubizarreta as Marseille's sporting director after four seasons could disrupt the fallen French power's return to prominence -- and may see Andre Villas-Boas leave as manager. According to AS, the upheaval at Marseille -- partly caused by financial difficulties -- may hasten the Portuguese manager's exit. The club, which qualified for the Champions League next season, has also been rumoured to be on the selling block by American businessman Frank McCourt.
20.40 BST: Is famed Bayern flameout Renato Sanches primed for a return to Portugal? He says it is not out of the realm. Sanches, who was key in his country side's 2016 Euro triumph, made the big move from Benfica to Bayern (including a Swansea City loan) but never panned out. Now at Lille, Sanches told A Bola that he would return to the Lisbon powerhouse but "I don't want to return as an old man, I want to win titles and play to win."
19.45 BST: Bayern Munich have previously shown interest in Ajax's Sergino Dest and now it seems the German giants are back in the chase for the U.S. midfielder. According to Sky Sports, Bayern had cooled off on Dest amid the coronavirus pandemic but the player himself remains adamant on the move. Ajax rejected a €20m offer last winter, but the Dutch club are ready to come back to the table.
19.00 BST: A particularly thorny issue seems to have been averted after the Premier League confirmed that players with contracts expiring on June 30 will be able to extend their agreements until the end of the season. There are estimated to be 57 players out of contract on June 30. Chelsea winger Willian is among those to have publicly declared he will complete the campaign but teammates Pedro and Olivier Giroud are also in the same situation with their futures unclear.
18.15 BST: Yes, that is Harry Kane proudly holding up a Leyton Orient jersey -- but he hasn't left Tottenham. He will simply sponsor the League Two side's jersey, meaning that three different charities would be featured over the season. Kane played for Leyton Orient on loan in 2011 and scored his first professional goal while with the club. A very nice gesture from the England captain to honour a former club as well as the country's frontline workers.
17.30 BST: Valencia are on the verge of signing one of Argentina's emerging stars, with Los Che eyeing Nahuel Bustos from Talleres de Cordoba. According to Radio Marca Valencia, the La Liga club is deciding whether to buy the full rights of the Argentina U-23 international at a price of €10m.
16.23 BST: Manchester United won't be able to sell Paul Pogba for the £120m they want, while the player can't earn the same wages elsewhere. Maybe it's best he stays for at least another season? ESPN Senior Writer Mark Ogden breaks down his options here.
Also, you can watch Mark discuss Pogba's future in this ESPN FC TV video.
15.49 BST: A report in Dario Sport suggests Real Madrid will be selling more players than they will be buying this summer due to the coronavirus. Football behind closed doors is predicted to cost the Spanish giants €160m, 20% of their entire revenue.
With 37 professionals registered to Los Blancos for next season, it's clear they will be open for business. But who on earth is going to have the finances to match valuations for players such as James Rodriguez and Gareth Bale in the next window?
15.05 BST: Over in Spain, Estadio Deportivo is reporting that Tottenham Hotspur could make a move for Real Betis marksman Loren Moron. The 26-year-old striker was prolific for the Betis B team, scoring 43 goals in three seasons, and has netted seven La Liga goals this campaign as a first-team regular.
The Marbella-born forward doesn't have stats which jump out as being top-class, so we wonder how much will come of this rumour. Especially when Betis are said to want €60m for a player who is also interesting Napoli.
14.22 BST: Could Pepe Reina and Theo Hernandez move from AC Milan to Paris Saint-Germain this summer? Not according to their agent, Manuel Garcia Quillon. Reina is playing out of the rest of this season on loan at Aston Villa, while Hernandez has made 22 Serie A appearances this term since moving to the San Siro from Real Madrid.
"There has been no contact with PSG, no one has called us," Quillon told FootMercato. "Reina has a one-year contract with Milan, but no one has offered him anything.
"As for Theo, many teams have come forward but there's nothing concrete. If the interest becomes concrete, we will think about it."
13.40 BST: Brazil legend Rivaldo has been chatting to Betfair, and he reckons Philippe Coutinho needs to put in some stellar performances after the Bundesliga begins this weekend to put himself in the shop window. The midfielder is surplus to requirements at Barcelona, while currently on loan at Bayern Munich.
"After a bad spell at Barcelona, and a modest season at Bayern Munich, he could prove his value and show his talents to clubs that might be interested in signing him," Rivaldo said. "Or he could even try to convince Barcelona they should keep him in the squad for next season.
"I still believe Coutinho has the quality to succeed. But sometimes football is tough and volatile. The misfortune you might have at one moment can be overcome, so Coutinho must keep calm and be confident about the future."
13.00 BST: Bayern chief Karl-Heinz Rummenigge says that the transfer market will change because of the coronavirus outbreak. And one FC TV pundit certainly agrees.
12.09 BST: Staying with Barcelona... the front cover of Catalan newspaper Mundo Deportivo features a huge image of Inter Milan striker Lautaro Martinez and the caption: "Barcelona or nothing."
Barca and Inter Milan have been negotiating a €111m deal for the Argentine striker for months but have yet to reach an agreement. In the meantime, according to the report, Paris Saint-Germain and Manchester City have also shown an interest in the forward. Howevever, Mundo Deportivo insist he only has eyes for Barca.
The paper also says Barcelona right-back Nelson Semedo could be central to the club's transfer business this summer. With talks over a new contract on ice -- his deal expires in 2022 -- Barca are looking to move him on when the season ends.
The possibility of moving to Juventus or Inter Milan -- in exchange for Miralem Pjanic or Martinez respectively -- has been floated, but the player would prefer a move to Manchester City. However, the report says the complications of doing the deal means Semedo, who is represented by Jorge Mendes, may not necessarily get his own way.
11.40 BST: But wait... Sky Sports is reporting that Miralem Pjanic and Jorginho could be about to swap clubs.
Juventus boss Maurizio Sarri has taken Jorginho pretty much everywhere he's been, so a move for the Chelsea midfielder seems likely. And Pjanic, who the Turin giants are clearly keen to get rid of, could be going the other way.
That should mess up Barcelona's planning a bit.
11.25 BST: Frenkie de Jong's agent has rubbished a report that Juventus enquired about the Barcelona midfielder. Juve and Barca are in talks over a number of possible swap deals, with Miralem Pjanic and Arthur Melo among the names on the table.
However, Ali Dursun says claims De Jong, who joined Barca from Ajax last summer, was also discussed are rubbish. "It would not make any sense, these rumours aren't real," Dursun told the Telegraaf. "Frenkie's happy in Barcelona and Barcelona are happy with Frenkie."
Meanwhile, a report in Diario Sport says Ivan Rakitic could move to Juventus as part of a deal of midfielder Pjanic.
Rakitic is out of contract in 2021 and Barca are actively looking to move him on before then. However, the Croatian has reiterated that he his happy to stay at Camp Nou and see out his deal. He said recently he will not be treated like "a sack of potatoes" and if he does leave it will be on his terms.
11.13 BST: United States youth international Sebastian Soto is set to join Norwich City on a free transfer this summer, German outlet Bild reports. However, the 19-year-old, who currently plays for Hannover 96 in Bundesliga 2, will not join the Canaries before 2021.
Set for his senior debut for the United States prior to the coronavirus pandemic, Soto will not be able to obtain a working permit in the United Kingdom before winning caps at senior level. Rob Moore, his agent, and Norwich are in talks with clubs from Belgium, the Netherlands and Germany willing to sign Soto on loan for a season before the youngster can head to Carrow Road in 2021.
The forward was the second top scorer behind Norway's Erling Haaland at the 2019 U20 World Cup.
10.50 BST: Would Napoli star Hirving Lozano consider a move to Manchester United?
10.24 BST: The Evening Standard says that Birmingham City's teenage sensation Jude Bellingham will be promised a role in the Manchester United first team if he chooses them over Borussia Dortmund.
Bellingham, 16, faces a tough decision over a £30m move this summer and was even shown around the United training ground by legendary boss Sir Alex Ferguson in an attempt to convince him to move to Manchester.
The story says that Bellingham won't be put in the youth teams to develop and will instead be called upon by manager Ole Gunnar Solksjaer to make an immediate impact.
10.09 BST: Real Madrid midfielder Dani Ceballos has been on loan at Arsenal this season, but it doesn't look like he'll be staying in London.
Real boss Zinedine Zidane has reportedly told the 23-year-old that his future lies at the Bernabeu and the Spain international seems to agree.
"I'm happy and I am under contract with Real Madrid," Ceballos told Deportes Cuatro. "I'm still only 23, I'm not over the hill just yet. Now I feel much more of a player and I'm ready for whatever challenge comes my way."
09.48 BST: PSG's record goalscorer Edinson Cavani has been speaking about his future.
Cavani, 33, almost completed a move to Atletico Madrid before it fell through in January and is now a free agent in the summer, with Newcastle, Boca Juniors, Inter Miami and Atletico (again) all interested, alongside a host of other top clubs.
"My career will last for maybe several years still, here or elsewhere, I don't know," he told PSG magazine. "I've spoken about it a lot with my entourage. I've always said that I would like to quit football rather than football quitting me.
"I'd really like to finish having given everything. To get to that point where I'd say, 'Guys, this is the point where I have to go.' I don't want life to lead me to play when I wouldn't be capable of giving my best. The day will come where it will be obvious that the time's come to move on to something else."
"We expect him to leave the club at some point. But we will see when this will happen. We are relaxed," he said. "It's just fun watching him play. He's such a wonderful footballer. If it's in a game or in training, I just enjoy seeing him play."
Leverkusen had been holding out for a fee in the region of €100m prior to the outbreak of the coronavirus, but their focus currently lies on the return of Bundesliga this weekend rather than a possible transfer for Havertz.
"We are focused on this season, on reaching our goals and we will see what the future will bring," Rolfes added.
German outlet kicker reports that the two clubs are now only €10m apart as they negotiate a fee for the Germany international. Bayern have offered €40m, while City are holding out for just €50m, lowering their asking price for Sane by over €50m in just one year. Personal terms for a five-year contract have reportedly already been agreed between Bayern and Sane.
Having set their sights on the Germany international last summer, Bayern Munich's efforts to land Sane ended when the 24-year-old sustained an anterior cruciate ligament tear last August. He has yet to return to first-team action, but was on the way to making his comeback before the coronavirus pandemic led to the suspension of the Premier League in March.
ESPN FC's Mark Ogden discusses why Paul Pogba could stay at Manchester United despite interest elsewhere.
PAPER TALK (by Nick Judd)
Juve and Inter to battle it out for Chiesa
Both clubs have been described as leading the race for the 22-year-old, but Calciomercato suggests Juve are once again favourites to land the in-demand midfielder.
Whoever ends up winning the signature will pay a lower fee than the figures banded around last summer, which is a result of the ongoing coronavirus and subsequent transfer market turbulence.
Fiorentina still believe they can get as much as €50 million, but Juve think they can steal him for half that figure with a player thrown in.
Chiesa is reportedly looking for five-year contract worth €4m per season.
De Sciglio heading for Barcelona?
The two clubs are already in negotiations over a move for Miralem Pjanic from Turin to Camp Nou, and Barca are said to have offered Nelson Semedo, Sergi Roberto, Ivan Rakitic or Arturo Vidal as makeweights.
However, De Sciglio has come up in conversation, and he's seen by the Barca board as a good alternative to Roberto at right-back.
Juve would be looking for a fee of around €10m for the 27-year-old, which would suit Barca's budget. However, any deal would be dependent on the sale of Semedo first.
Semedo prefers Man City over Serie A
With his name being tied to a move out of Barcelona, Nelson Semedo's next destination could depend on which swap deal he's attached to, reports Mundo Deportivo.
As mentioned above, Juventus are one of the potential suitors while another option would be Inter Milan as part of any deal that helps bring in striker Lautaro Martinez. Barca are keen to do whatever it takes to lower the cost of Inter's Argentine star forward.
However, it would appear that Semedo prefers a move to England and specifically Manchester City, even if it means missing out on Champions League action for two seasons.
- James Rodriguez's departure from Real Madrid could finally come to fruition this summer, though his next destination might not be too far away, should Onda Cero be correct in their prediction. They're reporting that the Colombian has already decided on a move to cross-city rivals Atletico Madrid. The only sticking point appears to be the forward's salary, with Atletico looking to negotiate with the player a figure less than the €8.5m a year he currently receives from Real.
- Lyon are looking to recruit a new central defender for the 2020-21 season as a priority, and L'Equipe believes they're focusing their efforts on Spartak Moscow's Frenchman Samuel Gigot. The-26 year-old is contracted to the Russian side until 2022, though it's believed the player would welcome a return to France.