The European transfer window is open. Click here to review all the latest transfers and keep up to date with the latest gossip below.
TOP STORY: Destination Barcelona for Junior Firpo?
The news won't exactly be music to the ears of Manchester United or Liverpool, both of whom have been linked with the 22-year-old over the summer.
Barcelona had an initial bid of £18 million rejected, with Betis hoping their Spanish counterparts can go as high as £27m to take him off their hands. It's thought that Firpo could come in to compete with Jordi Alba at left-back. Other options Ernesto Valverde is reportedly considering are David Alaba, Ricardo Rodriguez and Raphael Guerreiro.
However, the Dominican Republic-born Spain under-21 international is versatile enough to play on the left wing or at centre-back if required, meaning he would also be a great asset for Liverpool or United.
If Barca do not get a deal over the line, one of those Premier League rivals could yet pounce.
22.53 BST: We'll close Thursday's live edition of Transfer Talk with a done deal. Boca Juniors have signed Italian veteran midfielder Daniele De Rossi, the club announced on Thursday. Read the full story.
¡Ya está en La Boca! pic.twitter.com/h2G3PPrRBi— Boca Jrs. Oficial (@BocaJrsOficial) July 25, 2019
22.27 BST: Toronto FC and striker Terrence Boyd are in the process of agreeing to a mutual termination of his contract, multiple sources told ESPN FC. The move will allow Boyd to return to Germany with an unspecified club in the 3. Liga. While family considerations are driving the move in part, Boyd didn't settle in Toronto after being acquired from 2. Bundesliga side Darmstadt 98 in preseason, failing to score in 13 league and cup matches. The forward's expected departure should free up some salary cap space for TFC, allowing the team to make another acquisition in the summer transfer window. According to data provided by the MLS Players Union, Boyd's guaranteed compensation for this season is $213,833.
21.56 BST: Newcastle have enquired about the availability of Southampton striker Charlie Austin, Sky Sports reports.
21.09 BST: Wolves are in discussions with Real Madrid to bring 22-year-old centre-back Jesus Vallejo to Molineux on a season-long loan, according to the Mail, as the Spain U21 international expects to find minutes at the Bernabeu tough to come by following the arrival of Eder Militao.
20.22 BST: Cruz Azul are closing in on Houston Dynamo's Colombian forward Mauro Manotas, reports ESPN Mexico, with the deal now back on track, even if it isn't yet 100 percent complete. The to-ing and fro-ing has been going on all summer, with La Maquina coach Pedro Caixinha mysteriously announcing on Tuesday that fans could be in for a transfer surprise on Thursday.
19.35 BST: Callum Hudson-Odoi's representatives have asked Chelsea that their client be given the No. 10 shirt as the 18-year-old nears a new contract in West London, writes the Evening Standard, but there's just one problem: Willian said publicly last week that he's been offered the No. 10 shirt and intends to take it.
18.48 BST: Should Manchester United sell Romelu Lukaku to Inter, the Red Devils will consider replacing the Belgian front man with former Fulham and Celtic striker and current Lyon No. 9 Moussa Dembele, Sky Sports reports.
18.01 BST: Napoli held talks today with the representatives of Nicolas Pepe and are now favourites to land the Ivory Coast international, according to the Mail, with the Serie A side readying a bid of £45m plus Adam Ounas to appease Lille's £70m valuation.
17.14 BST: Arsenal have confirmed the signing of Saint-Etienne centre-back William Saliba, who will spend the upcoming season on loan at the Ligue 1 club.
16.27 BST: American full-back Geoff Cameron has re-joined QPR on a free transfer from Stoke City, signing a one-year deal with the option of a further year, the club has announced.
Cameron, 34, spent last season on loan at QPR, making 19 appearances and scoring one goal.
"It's great to be back," Cameron said in a statement. "I'm here to help the team in any way that I can -- whether that's leadership on the pitch or off it."
16.06 BST: Real Madrid have yet to make a decision regarding outcast James Rodriguez's future
A source close to the player denied on Thursday to ESPN FC reports in Spain that the player's agent, Jorge Mendes, has arrived in Naples on to negotiate the Colombian winger's potential transfer to Napoli.
Napoli are interested in signing James, 28, on a season-long loan with a purchase option included in the deal but Madrid have turned that offer down as they want want to sell the player and are prepared to wait until the right offer comes along.
James, who returned to Madrid after spending the past two seasons on loan at Bayern Munich, is expected to leave the Spanish giants this summer.
Atletico Madrid are reportedly interested in signing James, who is tied to Madrid until June 2021. However, the Rojiblancos have not begun negotiations with Real Madrid.
15.33 BST: Aston Villa are putting their hands in their pocket again!
The club have reportedly agreed a deal worth more than £11m for Club Brugge midfielder Marvelous Nakamba, according to Sky Sports.
Villa have already had a bid turned down earlier this summer, but can now move on to advanced stages of the proposed deal having agreed a deal.
14.58 BST: Arsenal have announced the loan signing of Spain under-21 midfielder Dani Ceballos from Real Madrid.
The 22-year-old -- who made 23 league appearances in Real Madrid's tough La Liga campaign last season -- has signed on a season-long loan.
Head coach Unai Emery said: "We're excited to see Dani join us. He is a talented player with big technical ability, creativity and precision."
14.45 BST: Aston Villa have continued their summer spending spree and have announced the signing of Brazil under-21 international Douglas Luiz from Manchester City, but is subject to a work permit.
The 21-year-old central midfielder has spent the last two seasons on loan at La Liga's Girona, and becomes Villa's 10th signing of the summer.
14.04 BST: Mexico international Hector Moreno's future could be outside of both Europe and MLS, with the 31-year-old defender considering a three-year deal from a Qatari club, according to ESPN FC sources.
The Real Sociedad defender has been linked regularly with MLS and particularly Inter Miami in recent months, despite having two years left on his contract with the Basque club.
If a deal with MLS had been agreed, Moreno would've stayed in Europe until the winter and then moved to MLS ahead of the 2020 season, like Carlos Vela did with LAFC, according to one source.
But the defender's future is now more likely to be in the Qatar Stars League sources told ESPN FC.
Moreno is currently in Miami on vacation after winning the Gold Cup with Mexico. He said earlier this month that he would be happy to stay in San Sebastian, but added that he'd also like to play in MLS someday and has an apartment in Miami.
13.28 BST: PSG are lining up Newcastle goalkeeper Martin Dubravka as a potential replacement for Kevin Trapp, who spent last season on loan at Eintracht Frankfurt, according to German outlet Kicker.
Trapp spent last season on loan at Frankfurt from PSG, and the German side are reportedly keen to bring the 29-year old back on a permanent basis, leaving PSG in need of a replacement.
Dubravka -- who joined Newcastle in January 2018 -- played all 38 league matches last season, keeping 11 clean sheets.
The 30-year-old was hoping to secure a new contract at Newcastle, but talks were put on hold after significant changes were made at the top of the club.
13.15 BST: The agent of Man United target Sergej Milinkovic-Savic is in London to negotiate a possible transfer to Old Trafford, according to Gazzetta dello Sport.
Milinkovic-Savic's agent, Mateja Kezman, reportedly landed in London on Thursday and is set on getting his client a move to Manchester this summer.
The Serbia international will cost United £80m if they want to secure his services, with the player reportedly lined up to replace Paul Pogba if he leaves this summer.
12.48 BST: Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp has said that contract extensions at the club are " our new signings," continuing to dismiss rumours that the club will go back into the transfer market, he said in an exclusive interview with ESPN FC.
On contract extensions, Klopp said: "In our case, these are our transfers, new contracts, keeping these boys here, is a strong signal for the outside world."
Klopp also ruled out a Liverpool return for Philippe Coutinho, saying that he hopes the midfielder "finds his luck at Barcelona."
Coutinho left Anfield for Camp Nou in a £142 million deal in January 2018, but has found it exceedingly difficult to cement a starting spot in the centre of the park for La Liga's champions or win over their fans.
12.15 BST: Daniele De Rossi is inching closer to becoming a Boca Junior player as the midfielder was greeted by pandemonium when he arrived in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
The veteran midfielder, a fervent Boca fan, will undergo a medical on Thursday before signing a one-year contract with the Argentinian giants.
De Rossi, 36, left Roma last month after spending 18 years at the club.
11.52 BST: Wolves are interested in bringing Southampton outcast Mario Lemina to Molineux, according to Sky Sports.
The 25-year-old midfielder -- who was linked with Man United and Arsenal earlier in the window -- is reportedly not a main priority for Wolves, but the club are still interested.
The Saints have allowed the Gabon international to talk to other clubs and he is expected to leave St. Mary's this summer.
11.11 BST: Portugal left-back Fabio Coentrao has denied reports he has received an offer from FC Porto. The veteran defender is a free agent after ending his contract with Portuguese outfit Rio Ave this summer. Linked with Porto, Coentrao said in a statement: "Due to the recent reports and rumours of my eventual transfer to FC Porto, in order to end speculation, I clarify that in the past few months I was formally contacted by various clubs regarding certain projects.
"I did not receive directly or indirectly an offer from FC Porto, something that obviously would fill me with pride. Right now I don't know what my professional future will be at but I have the certainty that whatever club I will represent, I will defend it."
Coentrao, 31, was on the books of Real Madrid between 2011 and 2018, winning La Liga, the UEFA Champions League, FIFA Club World Cup, UEFA Super Cup, Copa del Rey and the Supercopa de Espana.
Coentrao was loaned to AS Monaco and Sporting Lisbon before joining Rio Ave on a permanent basis in August 2018.
10.50 BST: Watford defender Ben Wilmot has joined Championship club Swansea City on a season-long loan deal. The 19-year-old spent the second half of last season on loan at Italian club Udinese.
10.39 BST: Crystal Palace have signed Ghana international Jordan Ayew from Swansea on a three-year deal. The 27-year-old forward spent last season on loan at Selhurst Park, making 20 Premier League appearances as the Eagles finished 12th, 15 points above the relegation zone.
10.23 BST: Sevilla are considering signing Leeds goalkeeper Kiko Casilla, Marca reports.
Sevilla have already made 10 summer signings but are still looking to strengthen their backline.
Spanish goalkeeper Sergio Rico is expected to leave Sevilla this summer with the club looking for a replacement. Sevilla sporting director Monchi wants to bring a veteran goalkeeper, who has experience in La Liga and can compete with No. 1 Tomas Vaclik.
Casilla, 32, left Real Madrid in January and joined Leeds as a free agent. The Spaniard made 19 league. Tied to Leeds until June 2023, Casilla was a target of Sevilla in previous seasons.
10.04 BST: Gareth Bale's potential move to China is now unlikely to happen, according to AS.
The Spanish publication reports that Chinese Super League side Jiangsu Suning offered Bale a two-year contract, worth €17m per season, with Real Madrid getting €22m for the transfer. Those figures were deemed too low for both the player and the Spanish club.
Bale's agent, Jonathan Barnett, told AS that there are other offers from Europe on the table for the Wales international and there will not be a rush to make a decision. Barnett said Bale's departure from Madrid could be a matter of days or years.
Bale, 30, was left out of the squad for last week's defeat to Bayern Munich with his departure consider "imminent" but played in the second half and scored in an International Champions Cup clash with Arsenal on Wednesday.
Tied to Real Madrid until 2022, Bale prefers to remain in Europe and not move to China.
09.35 BST: With Lookman gone, Everton have a space in their squad for a wide forward. Could it be Wilfried Zaha that fills that spot?
Sky Sports report that the Toffees will open talks with Crystal Palace this week over a potential deal for the Ivory coast star.
Arsenal have had a £40m bid for Zaha rebuffed by Palace, who value the 26-year-old at double that price.
If Everton are willing to pay up for Zaha, then they could be set for a real push at leapfrogging the Gunners into the Premier League's top six next season.
09.28 BST: RB Leipzig have announced the signing of England under-21 winger Ademola Lookman from Everton.
Lookman, 21, spent time on loan at the Bundesliga club in the 2017-18 season, and now joins them on a permanent deal for an undisclosed fee.
09.13 BST: Tottenham have made an approach to Juventus for Paulo Dybala in a move that could break their transfer record for a second time this summer, according to the London Evening Standard.
Spurs signed midfielder Tanguy Ndombele from Lyon for £6.5m earlier this month, but that fee would be eclipsed if they are successful in their bid to bring in Argentina attacker Dybala.
Serie A champions Juve value the 25-year-old, whose contract in Turin runs until 2022, at £80m.
The Evening Standard report adds that Dybala is also an attractive proposition for Spurs as his salary expectations in moving from Italy would not disrupt their wage structure.
Tuttosport, meanwhile, reports that Dybala would accept leaving Juve this summer.
08:51 BST: Boca Juniors coach Gustavo Alfaro is eager to add Daniele De Rossi's "experience and hierarchy" to his squad.
The veteran midfielder, a fervent Boca fan, will arrive at Buenos Aires on Thursday and undergo a medical before signing a one-year contract with the Argentinian giants.
A World Cup winner with Italy in 2006, De Rossi, 36, joins Boca as a free agent having left Roma last month following 18 years at the club.
"He will bring experience and hierarchy," Alfaro said in a news conference when asked about De Rossi's arrival. "We want him to provide his hunger to win. He will arrive on Thursday and we will see how he is physically. We are adding a player that has a huge career and we want him to be one more in this group, that he dreams of winning everything with Boca."
08.24 BST: Former Barcelona captain Xavi Hernandez says he would welcome the return of Neymar to the Camp Nou.
Neymar has been strongly linked with Barca, the club he left in August 2017 to sign for Paris Saint-Germain for a world-record €222m fee. Sources this week have told ESPN FC that the Brazil striker and his entourage are confident Barcelona will soon put together a strong cash-plus-players offer to entice PSG into a deal.
Al Sadd coach Xavi, who played with Neymar for two seasons before leaving Barca in 2015 following their Champions League final victory over Juventus, told reporters: "Neymar is a hit, a great player but it's not me that has to make the decision. But if they tell me that Neymar will return to triumph at Barca, I would sign him.
"I've had him as a teammate and I consider him a good guy. If they tell me he is returning to succeed, I would be the first to sign him."
08.00 BST: Jurgen Klopp has ruled out a Liverpool return for Philippe Coutinho, telling ESPN FC he hopes the midfielder "finds his luck at Barcelona."
The 27-year-old left Anfield for Camp Nou in a £142 million deal in January 2018, but has found it exceedingly difficult to cement a starting spot in the centre of the park for La Liga's champions or win over their fans.
Liverpool have been an easy and obvious link given Coutinho's four-and-a-half happy years on Merseyside before his aggressive push, which included handing in a transfer request that was rejected in the summer of 2017, to join Barcelona.
And while Klopp greatly appreciates the Brazil international as a player and person, he will not sanction a massive outlay to re-sign him.
"In general, Phil Coutinho helps each team in the world, still -- 100%," Klopp told ESPN FC during an exclusive interview in New York during Liverpool's pre-season tour. "It's not about that. I like Phil, I think he's a fantastic footballer and all that stuff, but it would be a big, big, big, big, big, big, big, big-money signing and it's not our year for that.
"It's just not possible. As I said, having him would make each team better -- us included -- but I really hope that he finds his luck at Barcelona.
"Or maybe he found it there. We have contact, but not that close contact that I know exactly how he is doing, but the rest is only newspaper talk and stuff like that.
"If everything was true what newspapers write about me -- wow! If it's similar to what they write about me, I would say he's completely happy at Barcelona and wants to sign a new six-year contract or whatever."
PAPER TALK (by Steve Wright): Klopp rules out move for Bale
Bale is desperately searching for a new club after a recent fallout with Real Madrid manager Zinedine Zidane led the latter to say it would be "best for everyone" if the Welshmen left. It had been rumoured that Bale could be joining Chinese side Jiangsu Suning, but that depended on meeting his exorbitant wage demands.
Giving his thoughts on Bale's link to Liverpool, Klopp said: "He is an outstanding player. I like him a lot, but it is not about him. You have to create a team. A team is not a collection of the best individual players. They have to work together."
United target Longstaff staying put
Newcastle United manager Steve Bruce has warned that midfielder Sean Longstaff will not be sold, amid speculation that Manchester United are lining up a £30 million bid for the 21-year-old, The Sun reports.
Bruce, recently appointed the new boss at Newcastle following Rafael Benitez's departure, did not mince his words, saying: "We don't want to sell our best young players, that's for sure. So that won't happen. I'm very confident of that."
Believing that Longstaff will be a key figure in Newcastle's squad going forward, Bruce likened him to former United midfielder Michael Carrick.
-- After Atletico Madrid supposedly ended their interest in Christian Eriksen, Manchester United have asked to be kept updated on the situation regarding the Spurs playmaker, according to the Daily Mail. The Denmark international has just one year left on his contract at Tottenham and could be sold for around £70 million. No official bids have been made.
-- Not about to let a transfer ban stop them from being involved in the rumour mill, Chelsea have joined West Ham and Ajax in keeping tabs on Portsmouth youngster Leon Maloney, The Sun reports. The 18-year-old, often deployed as a winger, scored an impressive 26 goals for the club's academy last season, and Chelsea are hopeful that they can reduce their ban and snap Maloney up in January.