RB Leipzig have said they are no longer interested in offers for Oliver Burke and have no intention of doing any further transfer business this summer.
Burke, 20, joined Leipzig from Championship club Nottingham Forest for a reported €15 million fee last August. The Scotland international had drawn comparisons with Gareth Bale and at that time been linked with clubs including Manchester United, Arsenal and Bayern Munich, but made just five starts during his debut season.
RB sporting director Ralf Rangnick suggested last month that they would be open to permanent bids for the player but, after watching his performance in Leizpig's 2-0 Emirates Cup win over Benfica on Sunday, he now wants the forward to stay.
Burke was part of an experimental Leipzig lineup at the Emirates Stadium and showed promising signs, particularly in the first half.
"I talked to Oliver once again in London and told him that we don't want him to move on," Rangnick told German tabloid Bild.
"Against Benfica he has shown just how much is in him. When he gets his pace into play, he can have an impact."
Rangnick once again rejected the idea of sending Burke on loan to England, where several clubs have reportedly made enquiries.
"It just doesn't make any sense for us," he said. "He will go somewhere where he's not trained the way we play."
Rangnick said Leipzig, who go into their first ever Champions League season in September, are not planning any further signings and remain confident they will retain their players, despite continued speculation around Liverpool target Naby Keita.
"We will not do anything more and intend to go with the current squad in the new season," he said. "I'd like to think that no player will leave us."
Head coach Ralph Hasenhuttl, meanwhile, added that he hopes Burke is set to make the breakthrough soon.
"I believe in this lad, and maybe he has this one match where everything clicks," Hasenhuttl said.