Sevilla score two late goals to sink Las Palmas

Las Palmas were within minutes of extending their 100 per cent start to three matches at Sevilla but somehow ended up beaten 2-1 after the hosts launched an incredible late comeback.

Quique Setien's newly-promoted side from Gran Canaria hit nine goals in wins over Valencia and Granada and looked on course to record their most impressive win yet at the Estadio Sanchez Pizjuan after Tana's excellent 16th-minute strike.

But Sevilla earned a win they scarcely deserved after Pablo Sarabia converted a dubiously awarded penalty before Carlos Fernandez scored with the game's final touch, bundling home following a corner.

Las Palmas served notice of their attacking threat early on when Sevilla goalkeeper Sergio Rico had to come out and block a Marko Livaja shot after a neat through-ball from Michel.

Las Palmas got numbers forward again in a pacy break led by Roque Mesa and when the ball fell to Tana, he worked it into space before guiding a right-foot shot from the edge of the area beyond Rico's left hand and into the corner of the net with 15 minutes gone.

The hosts' passing game was not clicking at all in the first quarter of the match but the visitors' defence was almost unlocked by a moment of magic from Paulo Henrique Ganso.

The Brazilian playmaker's pinpoint 38th-minute pass found Wissam Ben Yedder in space in the area but Las Palmas goalkeeper Javi Varas was out quickly to block his shot and Dani Castellano blasted a clearance over his own crossbar to prevent Franco Vazquez burying the rebound.

The hosts started the second half with more purpose and Vitolo, brought on for Ganso at the break, teed up a left-foot effort from Vazquez on the hour which Varas palmed away.

Las Palmas threatened themselves when Livaja's deft flick created space for substitute Sergio Araujo to shoot and Rico had to block his effort with his legs.

Varas parried a well-struck shot from Sarabia as time ticked away but the hosts were handed a lifeline when Pedro Bigas' contact on Vitolo was deemed enough to award a penalty, and Sarabia made no mistake.

Bigas was shown a second yellow card for the challenge on Vitolo and Las Palmas' 10 men were unable to hold on, as Fernandez scrambled the ball in from close range in time added on to time added on.