LOS ANGELES -- The LA Galaxy don't have plans to offload Mexico internationals Jonathan and Giovani dos Santos, team president Chris Klein confirmed on Friday.
Reports in Mexico had suggested the Galaxy could be keen to listen to offers for the duo after the World Cup, but the idea was flatly denied by Klein.
"We've not even had that conversation, so it's not even something that we talk about," Klein told reporters at halftime of the team's 1-0 win over San Jose Earthquakes. "You read rumors on the website and it's nothing more than that."
Klein added that Jonathan dos Santos, had been at the club less than a year and that Giovani dos Santos' form had been impacted by the team's poor performance in 2017.
"The team struggled last year so everyone struggled as well, but no I wouldn't say [we are looking to sell]," Klein said. "The team has been up and down, which happens in our league, but we're confident in what they can do."
Jonathan played the full minutes in Galaxy's Cali Clasico victory, while Giovani came on for the final 15 minutes in his first game since May 6.
"It's difficult when a team is on a bad run and eyes will be on the Dos Santos brothers, but it's what happens and we have to accept the criticism and be calm," Jonathan dos Santos said after the game.
The brothers are now set to join the Mexico squad ahead of Monday's friendly against Wales at the Rose Bowl. Giovani dos Santos will have until June 2 to prove he is fully fit to be included in Mexico's World Cup squad.