Clubs are slowly turning their eyes toward the summer window. Transfer Talk has updates on all the latest rumours.
Spurs ready Mawson and Bertrand double swoop
Tottenham are lining up a £65 million double transfer for Swansea's Alfie Mawson and Southampton's Ryan Bertrand, per the Daily Express.
Spurs failed to challenge for the title this season, but Mauricio Pochettino appears to have guided them to another top-four finish to secure Champions League football. Still, with Saints and the Swans both entrenched in a relegation battle, Spurs could easily pick up one of Mawson or Bertrand -- though the Express believe they will move for both.
Mawson, rated at £40m, could replace Toby Alderweireld, who has not yet signed a new contract with one year remaining, leading to Manchester United, Chelsea and Arsenal monitoring the Belgian's situation.
Danny Rose could also depart, meaning Bertrand, likely available for £25m, could arrive as his replacement.
Milan eye Mandzukic and Belotti for new attack
AC Milan will make an audacious move for Mario Mandzukic from rivals Juventus and aim to pair the Croatian with long-term target and Torino star Andrea Belotti.
Corriere dello Sport claims that Gennaro Gattuso wants to add experience to his squad in order to compete for titles next season. The Rossoneri are 13 points off the top four this season, but Gattuso has transformed the side since replacing Vincenzo Montella.
Youngster Patrick Cutrone has emerged as the most successful forward for the club this term, hitting 15 goals, but Milan require more firepower with both big-money signings Andre Silva and Nikola Kalinic failing to impress.
Man United prioritise Alex Sandro signing
Manchester United appear to have run out of patience with Luke Shaw and have made Alex Sandro a priority for this summer.
The Manchester Evening News claims the Juventus star is now top of Jose Mourinho's wish list to solve his problem at left-back. Part of the Brazilian's appeal could be his availability to join Mourinho immediately on the club's U.S. tour after failing to make an appearance for the Selecao over the last 15 months and the likelihood he will miss out on Tite's World Cup squad for Russia.
Another Brazilian in Shakhtar Donetsk's Fred is also on United's wish list, alongside a new centre-back -- with Alderweireld, Samuel Umtiti and Jonny Evans under consideration -- while Cedric Soares could arrive as competition at right-back for Antonio Valencia.
- Aston Villa are ready to bring Gareth Barry back to Villa Park, reports the Mirror, but only if they secure promotion back to the Premier League. The former Villa star left the club in 2009 for Manchester City with bad blood between the player and fans, but with West Brom almost certain to be relegated, Barry can use a clause in his contract that will allow him to quit the Baggies.
- Crystal Palace have begun contract talks with Yohan Cabaye and Joel Ward, both of whom are set to become free agents this summer, with Roy Hodgson on the brink of guiding the Eagles to safety. The Guardian claims the French midfielder will have to accept a substantial pay cut on his current £100,000-per-week deal, while an alternative destination could be Marseille.
- Leicester will battle it out with Watford for Zorya Luhansk goalkeeper Andriy Lunin, according to the Mirror. The Ukrainian shot-stopper is just 19 and made his full international debut earlier this year, with his club already knocking back a January offer from Real Sociedad.
- Arsenal and Chelsea will face competition from Lazio, Roma and Inter for Bryan Cristante. Corriere dello Sport claims the Atalanta star, currently thriving on loan from Benfica, will have numerous offers from Serie A and abroad this summer.
- Australia international Tom Rogic could follow in the footsteps of Victor Wanyama, Fraser Forster and Virgil van Dijk and make the switch from Celtic to Southampton this summer, according to the BBC.