<
>

LIVE: Jose Mourinho confident of making Nemanja Matic breakthrough?

The football world is awash with gossip! Transfer Talk is monitoring the whispers ahead of all the summer moves. Check out the latest deals and potential deals here.

TOP STORY: Mourinho expects Matic breakthrough soon

Jose Mourinho is anticipating progress in Manchester United's pursuit of Nemanja Matic in the coming week as he looks for new additions before the start of the season, report the Telegraph.

Mourinho wants to link up again with his former Chelsea midfield general, with the Blues isolating the Serbia international from the squad back at the Cobham training ground.

Matic would prefer to link up with Mourinho again, rather than move to Juventus, which might frustrate Chelsea in their effort to attract a bid that meets their £50 million asking price, and he would present a longer-term option than Renato Sanches, whom Bayern Munich will only permit to leave on a season-long loan.

LIVE BLOG:

22.31 BST: Another magical day of live transfer blogging is in the books folks, but we'll be back shortly with tomorrow's paper rounds ahead of what promises to be a fun-filled Friday. Thanks as always for checking in and see you all next time!

22.18 BST: Ahem. Have we mentioned Neymar lately? Gab Marcotti has the latest with reports that PSG are this close to making their move.

21.53 BST: Such is the transfer world we live in that even a difference in flight plans can make news. To whit, Neymar is not expected to fly back to Barcelona with the squad following Saturday's Clasico matchup with Real Madrid in Miami, a source with knowledge of the negotiations has told ESPN's Jordi Blanco.

According to the source, the Brazil international will head to China to satisfy a promotional obligation for Barcelona and Nike directly following the conclusion of the Blaugrana's International Champions Cup tour of the United States.

What does this mean you ask? Essentially, not much as of now, but any irregularities in Neymar's day-to-day activities -- with his mooted move to Paris Saint-Germain a constant subtext -- is enough to throw football fans around the world into a tizzy.

21.24 BST: In case you missed it last night, Zinedine Zidane was far from emphatic about Gareth Bale's future at Real Madrid following his team's 4-1 International Champions Cup loss to Manchester City in Los Angeles on Wednesday. Asked if he would have all of the Bale, Ronaldo and Karim Benzema trio at his disposal at the end of the summer transfer season, he said: "Let's hope that all of the members of the 'BBC' stay here. I want the 'BBC' to stay put, it's the same for all of the players who are here. That said, up until Aug. 31 anything can happen."

OK then...

21.03 BST: AC Milan have had a very busy summer, and they might not be done yet. CalcioMercato is reporting that the club have Fiorentina attacker Nikola Kalinic on their wish list and that a "major opening" to complete a deal emerged on Thursday.

20.43 BST: Sources with Liverpool have said yet again that Philippe Coutinho is not for sale, no matter what kind of offer Barcelona are ready to make. Last week, sources told ESPN FC that Liverpool rejected a £72 million approach from Barcelona for Coutinho and informed the Catalan side that the 25-year-old was not for sale at any price.

20.21 BST: The Daily Star -- well, Tancredi Palmieri -- reports that Manchester United are close to agreeing a deal for Inter's Ivan Perisic, a player linked to Old Trafford seemingly before the 2016-17 season even ended.

20.09 BST: Let's drop down a tier and check in on a loan involving Aston Villa...

... as League One side MK Dons confirmed the signing of Villa midfielder Aaron Tshibola on a season-long loan. The 22-year-old is their eighth signing of the summer so far.

19.51 BST: Is there movement in the Diego Costa saga? Let's review.

Chelsea boss Antonio Conte has made clear that Costa doesn't feature in his plans for the upcoming season but a sale has yet to materialise. However, after reports of AC Milan making contact with Costa's agent, according to Sky Sports, the Express believes that his former club, Atletico Madrid, have made a bid.

Atletico's reported offer of £28 million is robust but Chelsea believe they can sell the 28-year-old for roughly double, £55 million.

Watch this space!

19.26 BST: This might be significant in the grand scheme of things but oft-targeted Roma midfielder Radja Nainggolan has signed a new long-term contract with the Serie A club.

Nainggolan, 29, joined Roma in 2014 and has been linked with several moves to the Premier League ever since. However, his new deal runs through 2021 and a swap at this stage appears highly unlikely.

Said the Belgium international to Roma's official website: "I think I have demonstrated that this is what I always wanted. So I'm very happy, especially that the club and I can continue our adventure and move forward together."

19.03 BST: Does this count as a DONE DEAL then? We say yes simply because it's a huge move by brand-new MLS franchise, Los Angeles FC...

18.47 BST: Another minor DONE DEAL in the Premier League...

That's young striker Obbi Oulare heading back to Belgium for a season-long loan at Royal Antwerp. Oulare joined Watford in 2015 but has since struggled to make an impact, making just two appearances before taking loans at Zulte Waregem in 2015-16 and Willem II in 2016-17.

18.25 BST: Former Southampton youth-teamer Rugare Musendo is having a trial at Championship side Bristol City, according to the Bristol Post.

Musendo, 18, was formerly part of the Arsenal and Chelsea youth systems before joining the Saints in 2015, only to be released earlier this summer.

18.03 BST: Ooh, a DONE DEAL involving Chelsea as goalkeeper Jamal Blackman has joined Sheffield United on a season-long loan.

Blackman, 23, signed a new four-year deal before completing his temporary swap to the Championship side. The young shot-stopper was named Wycombe Wanderers' player of the year after a successful loan spell there in 2016-17.

17.27 BST: Manchester United have switched their attention to RB Leipzig's Emil Forsberg after struggling in their pursuit of Inter Milan's Ivan Perisic, according to The Sun, and have reportedly offered £45 million for the Sweden international.

17.15 BST: According to AS, Lucas Perez's agent has travelled to London to negotiate his client's exit from Arsenal, with Deportivo La Coruna having made a bid of close to €10 million for their former player.

17.04 BST: Bram Nuytinck is set to leave Anderlecht and join Udinese in a €3 million deal, La Derniere Heure claims. The 27 year old, who has just one year left on his deal with the Brussels giants, will become their second-highest sale behind Youri Tielemans, who departed for Monaco earlier this summer.

16.49 BST: DONE DEAL Hull have sealed the signing of defender Michael Hector on loan from Chelsea for the season...

16.35 BST: Arsenal have said that Alexis Sanchez will return to training on Sunday... But how much longer will he remain an Arsenal player amid reported interest from Paris Saint-Germain and Manchester City? Full story.

16.15 BST: Inter Milan boss Luciano Spalletti says that he wants Manchester United target Ivan Perisic to stay at the club, but admits that he "can't say for sure" what will happen. "Our intention is to keep Perisic if possible," he said. "We want to keep him, but a lot of considerations have to be made." Full story.

15.51 BST: Former Arsenal midfielder Denilson is set to cancel his contract at Al Wahda to become a free agent, the player's agent has told ESPN FC. Denilson is in the final year of his contract at Al Wahda after joining the Abu Dhabi club from Sao Paulo in 2015. Full story.

15.35 BST: Marko Arnautovic has told Sky Sports he left Stoke for West Ham as he wanted to move to a "bigger club." "I wanted to join West Ham because, for me, it's a bigger club and more ambitious," he said. "I am happy to be here and happy to play for West Ham."

15.13 BST: DONE DEAL Championship side Nottingham Forest have completed the signing of Andreas Bouchalakis on a three-year deal after he impressed during a trial...

14.58 BST: DONE DEAL Sydney FC have filled the hole left by Danny Vukovic's departure by signing Socceroos goalkeeper Alex Cisak for the next two A-League seasons. Full story.

14.34 BST: Manchester United are eyeing up a move for Anderlecht midfielder Leander Dendoncker, The Sun claims. United are due to send scouts to watch Dendoncker in action this week -- along with AC Milan and RB Leipzig -- and he could cost them £34 million.

14.14 BST: For the curious among you the 11 are -- Izzy Brown, Mason Mount, Marco van Ginkel, Kurt Zouma, Tammy Abraham, Kasey Palmer, Josimar Quintero, Lucas Piazon, Ola Aina Jay DaSilva and, of course, Tomas Kalas.

Michael Hector is tipped to join Hull on loan imminently and will bring the number up to 12.

14.01 BST: With Tomas Kalas having rejoined Fulham on loan, he becomes the 11th player to sign a new contract with Chelsea before then being loaned out to another club this summer.

13.44 BST: Watford and Leicester both look set to miss out on Angers' Karl Toko Ekambi, with the Cameroon international likely to stay with the Ligue 1 club, L'Equipe reports.

13.29 BST: Jurgen Klinsmann has said his son Jonathan Klinsmann could have signed for every Major League Soccer team but his move to Hertha Berlin is a "great story for the family" as the goalkeeper has joined his grandfather's favourite side. Full story.

13.11 BST: Tony Pulis has told Sky Sports News that West Brom face a challenge in trying to sign Middlesbrough captain Ben Gibson. "They'll be looking to get promoted again and you can understand they do not want to get rid of Ben," Pulis said. "I think it's going to be very hard to get Ben out of Middlesbrough."

12.50 BST: Liverpool legend John Barnes has told ESPN FC his former club can thrive even if Philippe Coutinho leaves. "Liverpool will continue because Jurgen Klopp has got a good squad," Barnes said. "He will maximise the potential of the squad without Coutinho." Full story.

12.33 BST: Real Madrid coach Zinedine Zidane says he hopes to keep Gareth Bale, Karim Benzema and Cristiano Ronaldo at the club, while remaining coy over their chances of signing Monaco's Kylian Mbappe.

"Let's hope that all of the members of the 'BBC' stay here," Zidane said. "I want the 'BBC' to stay put, it's the same for all of the players who are here. That said, up until Aug. 31 anything can happen." Full story.

12.24 BST: Asked for the reasons behind his move from Manchester City to Sevilla, Nolito joked that the English weather played a factor.

"There is a big difference," he said. "In fact, in the first week in Manchester it rained a lot.

"It's a different philosophy, a different climate and different type of people, and I needed a change. I can't actually believe I'm here today. I'm very happy."

12.12 BST: DONE DEAL Chelsea defender Tomas Kalas likes Fulham so much he has returned there for a second season-long loan.

The 24-year-old helped them reach the play-offs last season, and has made the short move from Stamford Bridge to Craven Cottage in an attempt to help them go for promotion to the Premier League again. Full story.

11.55 BST: DONE DEAL Everton have announced the signing of 17-year-old defender Lewis Gibson from Newcastle on a three-year contract. He will join the club's under-23 squad.

11.42 BST: Torino president Urbano Cairo does not want to sell Andrea Belotti to a Serie A rival, and wants to get Neymar or Kylian Mbappe-type money for the free-scoring striker.

He said: "Seeing the numbers doing the rounds, like €222m for Neymar or €180m for [Kylian] Mbappe, then Belotti has done incredible things in a league like the Italian one and it makes you think that €100m is the right price, or perhaps that it is too low." Full story.

11.20 BST: Paulo Dybala has been touted as a potential replacement for Neymar at Barcelona, but according to Juventus general manager Beppe Marotta the club have already turned down multiple bids for the Argentina international.

Marotta also said that they have made an offer to Lazio for 22-year-old forward Keita Balde. Full story.

11.03 BST: Sky Sport Italia reports that AC Milan have asked Jorge Mendes about the availability of Cristiano Ronaldo, although presently the question was posed more of curiosity than a serious intention to land the Real Madrid star.

10.40 BST: Middlesbrough have said in a statement that they have "agreed a deal in principle with West Ham United to sign striker Ashley Fletcher," and the 21-year-old "has left West Ham's training camp in Germany and is heading to Boro for talks."

10.27 BST: RB Leipzig sporting director Ralf Rangnick has hit out at the advisors of Naby Keita and Emil Forsberg for unsettling the midfielders this summer.

"Currently, they are confronted by offers and sums of money where someone is needed to point them in the right direction," Rangnick said."The boys themselves are not the problem here. It is their surroundings." Full story.

10.15 BST: Watford goalkeeper Heurelho Gomes has signed a new two-year contract that will see him remain at the club until 2019.

09.56 BST: Karl-Heinz Rummenigge has ruled out selling Renato Sanches to AC Milan but said Bayern Munich would consider sending the Portugal midfielder out on loan.

"We would send him out on loan for maximum one year because we are convinced he can become a good and useful Bayern player," Bayern CEO Rummenigge said. Full story.

09.40 BST: Yahoo Sport in France claims that one of their reporters has been told by an official from the Qatar Football Federation that Neymar will leave Barcelona to join Paris Saint-Germain.

09.24 BST: Zlatan Ibrahimovic could yet return to Manchester United for the second half of the season, Jose Mourinho has suggested.

"We spent big money on a striker because, with strikers, you either spend or you don't get," Mourinho told reporters. "And we spent because of what happened to Zlatan and we can not allow ourselves to be without an important, strong striker for the first six months of the season." Full story.

09.02 BST: DONE DEAL Liverpool have sent 20-year-old midfielder Pedro Chirivella on a season-long loan to Willem II.

08.43 BST: AC Milan general manager Marco Fassone has been speaking about their interest in Renato Sanches and Andrea Belotti.

"Sanches? I don't know if he'll be our next signing," Fassone said. "We've been speaking to Bayern and the player for the past 20, 25 days. At the moment, Bayern are setting conditions that we cannot meet, but maybe in the coming weeks the situation will change.

"Belotti is a Torino player and [their president Ubano Cairo] has every right to decide whether he wants to sell his player or not. We respect that and if they decide that the player has to stay at Torino, he will stay at Torino."

08.20 BST: Chelsea boss Antonio Conte has revealed his dream striker signing would be Tottenham's Harry Kane.

"For me, Kane, now, is one of the best strikers in the world," Conte said. "If I had to buy one striker I would go to Kane. He is a complete striker. He is strong physically, with the ball, without the ball, he fights and he's strong in the air and acrobatic on the right and the left. Full story.

08.01 BST: Welcome to Thursday's Transfer Talk live blog. We'll kick off with news that Middlsbrough are continuing to spend big in their pursuit of an instant return to the Premier League.

West Ham have accepted a £7m offer from Boro for striker Ashley Fletcher. The club have already completed a number of signings including £15m striker Britt Assombalonga and £5m goalkeeper Darren Randolph.

Arsenal suffer Lemar setback

Arsenal had been enjoying a fine summer in the market: a shiny new striker in Alexandre Lacazette (bought for a club record fee at more than £50 million, including add-ons) plus free transfer Sead Kolasinac, but one more would likely ensure that the Gunners are favourites to secure Champions League football.

Monaco wide man Thomas Lemar was supposed to be that man, completing a mouthwatering array of attacking options for Arsene Wenger, but the Star report that it won't happen -- at least not this summer.

A third bid, after two offers were knocked back by Les Rouges et Blancs, is being prepared and will likely be in the range of £45 million, but vice president Vadim Vasilyev has dismissed any hope that Arsenal might have of pulling off a deal.

With Bernardo Silva, Benjamin Mendy and Tiemoue Bakayoko having all departed this summer, manager Leonardo Jardim will likely be spared the loss of any more star -- other than Kylian Mbappe, should a world-record offer arrive -- which will likely push Arsenal toward Plan B.

City fear Arsenal will nab Sancho

Manchester City are growing increasingly nervous that Arsenal have struck a deal for their highly promising winger, Jadon Sancho, the Sun report.

Pep Guardiola has not taken the 17-year-old on City's preseason tour, with the Watford academy product having one year to run on his scholarship deal. City have offered Sancho a three-year contract worth £30,000-per-week, but the England Under-17 international is stalling due to missing London.

Tottenham, Borussia Dortmund and RB Leipzig have also registered an interest, but Sancho reportedly has a "soft spot" for the Gunners, which could prove decisive.

Tap-ins

-- Chelsea youngster Michael Hector will join fellow Blues prospect Ola Aina at Hull City, reports Ed Aarons of the Guardian.

-- Juventus have made a move for Lazio forward Keita Balde Diao, with Sky Sport Italia's Gianluca Di Marzio claiming their bid is worth €20 million.

The Biancocelesti have a frosty relationship with the Juve and might prefer to sell to Inter as they contemplate cashing in on the Senegal international, who has one year remaining on his contract at the Olimpico.

-- Italy international Andrea Belotti will stay with Torino this summer: "Full stop. That's it."

La Granata's president Urbano Cairo is quoted as saying in Thursday's Tuttosport, with Chelsea and Milan strongly linked to the 23-year-old, but neither have come close to reaching the €100 million buyout clause.