<
>

LIVE Transfer Talk: Man United, PSG join Barcelona in race for Bayern Munich's Robert Lewandowski

play
Laurens: Tchouameni only ever wanted Real Madrid (1:21)

Julien Laurens says Aurelien Tchouameni's desire to move to Real Madrid over other European clubs is what ultimately got his transfer from Monaco over the line. (1:21)

The summer transfer window is approaching, and there's plenty of gossip swirling about who's moving where. Transfer Talk brings you all the latest buzz on rumours, comings and goings and, of course, done deals!

TOP STORY: Man United, PSG join Barca in race for Lewandowski

Manchester United and Paris Saint-Germain have joined Barcelona in the battle to sign Bayern Munich striker Robert Lewandowski.

Lewandowski has made it clear he wants to leave Bayern this summer, even though he still has 12 months remaining on his contract. The Bundesliga champions are adamant that the player is not available for transfer, but it seems likely the player will get his way.

Barcelona are the firm favourites, and are the 33-year-old's preferred destination, but as the Camp Nou club may struggle the make the deal work financially a host of other clubs are preparing to make a move.

The Sun on Sunday says that Man United are watching developments closely and will make their move as soon as it becomes clear Barca cannot get the deal over the line. The report says that United are one of the few clubs who could afford Lewandowski's salary of around £400,000 a week.

The story is backed up by the Star on Sunday, which reports that United's lack of Champions League football could scupper their hopes. Chelsea are also said to be interested, but a move to Stamford Bridge seems less likely.

L'Equipe, meanwhile, says PSG are also ready to muscle their way into the picture. The report says that the French champions are looking for a true striker to compliment Kylian Mbappe, Lionel Messi and Neymar

LIVE BLOG

21.40 BST: Uruguayan midfielder Lucas Torreira apparently wants to stay at Fiorentina on loan from Arsenal, but is willing to leave in search of more playing time.

Speaking to reporters after Uruguay's 5-0 win over Panama on Saturday, Torreira said when asked: "My idea is to stay at Fiorentina, but if it doesn't happen, I'll search for a club where I can play regularly."

Torreira's contract with Arsenal reportedly runs out in June 2023.

20.36 BST: Arsenal midfielder Mattéo Guendouzi has confirmed he is staying put in Marseilles, where he has been on loan since last year.

Asked by Téléfoot if he'd be continuing on with Olympique de Marseille, Guendouzi responded: "Stay at OM? Yes, of course. I feel very good here, and the objective is to play in the upcoming Champions League campaign."

Marseille president Pablo Longoria has previously said the club would look to keep Guendouzi around at the end of his loan.

19.45 BST: Tottenham may be keen on signing AZ Alkmaar's Owen Wijndal, according to FootMercato. His release clause could see him join Antonio Conte's side for just £8.5 million, a relative bargain for the flying left-back.

Spurs aren't exactly in need of additional wing-back depth, but Wijndal has featured regularly for AZ over the past three seasons, and at just 22 years old, he has plenty of potential upside.

Spurs aren't the only one interesting, according to the report. Lyon, Napoli and Juventus are also tracking Wijndal as well.

18.58 BST: AC Milan are reportedly set to announce the signings of Divock Origi and Renato Sanches before turning focus to Sassuolo striker Gianluca Scamacca, according to La Gazzetta dello Sport.

The Rossoneri are said to be close to reaching an agreement with Lille for Sanches at €10m and €15m, while Scamacca will reportedly consider offers around €40m.

Origi, meanwhile, reportedly agreed to terms with Milan weeks ago and is set to arrive in Milan and sign a three-year deal soon.

17.47 BST: Real Madrid are reportedly looking to cut their losses on Alvaro Odriozola and move him this summer, according to a report from Tuttosport. Real Madrid are asking €20m.

Odriozola joined the Madrid powerhouse in 2018 from Real Sociedad but, after back-to-back loans the previous two years, Real Madrid appears ready to move on. Inter Milan has been identified as a possible landing place.

17.00 BST: Nemanja Matic is on the verge of another reunion with Jose Mourinho, this time at AS Roma.

The 33-year-old, who will become a free agent at the end of the month, has already been signed by Mourinho for both Chelsea and Manchester United.

Corriere Dello Sport reports that the midfielder will have a medical at Roma on Monday or Tuesday, ahead of signing a contract which will tie him to the club once he leaves Old Trafford on July 1.

He will sign a one-year deal, worth €4.2m a year including bonuses, with the option of a second based upon the number of games he plays.

16.20 BST: The Sunday Mirror reports that Granit Xhaka is being linked with a move to Bayer Leverkusen, a deal which could kick-start the Gunners' interest in Leicester City midfielder Youri Tielemans.

Leverkusen are looking to strengthen ahead of a return to the Champions League, and have identified the 29-year-old Switzerland international as a transfer target. Xhaka previously played in Germany for Borussia Monchengladbach before signing for Arsenal in 2016.

Tielemans, 25, is about to move into the final year of his Leicester contract, and has indicated he is ready for a new challenge. However, he has previously said he wants to play Champions League football, and Arsenal will be in the Europa League next season.

15.38 BST: Mundo Deportivo reports that the futures of Uruguay stars Luis Suarez, Diego Godin and Edinson Cavani remain undecided ahead of the World Cup later this year.

The report says that Suarez is tempted by River Plate when his deal with Atletico Madrid expires, and has asked the Argentine club to give him 10 days to make up his mind. Aston Villa and Sevilla are among the other clubs linked.

Godin is on the books of Brazilian club Atletico Mineiro but cannot get into the team, so may need to move on to play at the World Cup. Another club from Argentina, Velez Sarfsield, have enquired about his availability.

Finally, Cavani's future is less clear. There have been offers from Real Sociedad and Toluca in Mexico, but nothing firm about where he could play after leaving Manchester United on a free.

14.59 BST: Juventus could be close to completing a double transfer swoop, according to Tuttosport.

Alvaro Morata is expected to re-join from Atletico Madrid on a permanent basis, after being on loan for the past two seasons. After spending €20m on the loan agreement, Juve didn't take up the €35m option to sign the player. Instead, they hope to renegotiate with Atleti but have seen an opening offer of €15m plus bonuses rejected. The report says both clubs want to get the deal done, so further negotiation over the 29-year-old striker will follow.

Morata scored 32 goals in 92 appearances in all competitions while on loan at Juve.

But Juve are looking to sign two strikers, to complement Dusan Vlahovic and Moise Kean, who is moving into the second of his two-season loan from Everton. The report states that Marko Arnautovic of Bologna is being considered.

14.20 BST: Liverpool have agreed to sign Benfica forward Darwin Nunez in a deal worth up to €100 million, sources have told ESPN's Adriana Garcia.

ESPN reported on Friday that the clubs were in advanced talks and sources have confirmed that Liverpool are set to break their transfer record to sign the striker.

According to ESPN sources, Nunez will sign a five-year contract at Anfield and he has left the Uruguay national team to travel to England to undergo a medical.

play
1:47

Why Darwin Nunez is the perfect fit for Liverpool

Steve Nicol and Ian Darke detail why Darwin Nunez would be the perfect signing for Liverpool.

13.39 BST: Corriere Dello Sport reports that the future of Kalidou Koulibaly could become clearer this week, with links over a move to Barcelona continuing.

Koulibaly, who turns 31 later this month, is the type of player that Barca may be able to afford, as he is about to move into the final year of his contract.

Napoli are aware that this window is the last realistic chance of getting a decent fee for the centre-back, partly due to his contract situation but also due to his age.

That same contract status means Barca may feel they can sign a player who has been linked with most of Europe's top clubs over the last few seasons for a cut-priced fee.

The report says Koulibaly is at the top of coach Xavi Hernandez's wanted list, but if Napoli hold out for a transfer fee of €40m it's highly unlikely he will get his target. Will the two clubs be able to negotiate?

13.00 BST: AS Monaco are hoping to sign Takumi Minamino on a permanent deal from Liverpool, reports Foot Mercato.

Minamino, 27, joined Liverpool from FC Salzburg in January 2020 and spent the second half of the 2020-21 season on loan at Southampton.

The Japan international was restricted to a bit-part role last season, scoring three goals in 11 Premier League appearances -- with 10 goals in 24 in all competitions.

The report says that Monaco think they can take him to Ligue 1 for a transfer fee in the region of £17m as they look to get through the qualifiers and play in the Champions League group stage next season.

Fulham and Wolves have also been linked with the midfielder.

12.16 BST: Gazzetta dello Sport reports that Paulo Dybala is edging close to a move to Inter Milan, with his representatives set to meet with the club shortly.

Dybala, 28, will be out of contract at Juventus at the end of the month and talks have ended over a new deal. He is expected to make a free transfer move to Inter in the coming days.

The report says that Inter have offered Dybala a €6m-a-year deal plus €1m in bonuses. That is less than he was offered by Inter at the end of last year, but he stalled on the contract and instead Juve moved to sign Dusan Vlahovic from Fiorentina who took up a chunk of their wage bill.

The final terms of his contract just need to be ironed out before he is unveiled as an Inter player.

11.40 BST: Reported Chelsea and Manchester United target Christopher Nkunku is set to sign a new contract with RB Leipzig, reports Leipziger Volkszeitung.

ESPN sources revealed in February that Nkunku had been added to United's list of summer targets after interim manager Ralf Rangnick urged the club to step up their interest. United have prioritised the midfield department for strengthening with Paul Pogba leaving Old Trafford as a free agent when his contract expires at the end of June.

However, the 22-year-old is set to extend his current deal, which still has two years to run, and commit his future to the Bundesliga club.

Real Madrid, PSG and Bayern Munich have also shown an interest after he scored 20 and created 14 in 33 games for RB Leipzig last season.

11.00 BST: Villarreal have placed reported left-back Pervis Estupinan on the transfer list, according to reports in Marca.

The Ecuador international joined Valencia in 2020 from Watford in a €16m transfer and made 41 appearances across all competitions last season.

Estupinan, who is under contract with the Yellow Submarine through to June 2027, has attracted the attention of several clubs, including Tottenham Hotspur.

With Villarreal keen to keep Tottenham loanee Giovani Lo Celso at the club beyond this summer, the Spanish club would reportedly be open to negotiate a deal with Spurs that includes cash and an exchange of players.

10.21 BST: Marco Asensio's future at Real Madrid remains unclear, and Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta is keen to take the 26-year-old attacker to North London, according to the Sunday Mirror.

Real Madrid have offered the Spain international a contract extension that he is yet to sign, and they have demanded that he clarifies his intentions by June 20. Asensio's current deal runs out next summer.

Arsenal have now joined Tottenham Hotspur and AC Milan in the race to sign Asensio, but the Gunners' lack of Champions League football is not ideal. Asensio wants guarantees that he'll get game time wherever he moves.

There was another twist on Saturday, as Mundo Deportivo reported that Manchester United have first refusal on the 26-year-old, who made 19 La Liga starts last season but has fallen behind Federico Valverde in coach Carlo Ancelotti's plans.

09.41 BST: Chelsea's hopes of signing Ousmane Dembele from Barcelona are increasing with the 25-year-old forward still stalling on a new deal at the Spanish giants.

The former Borussia Dortmund player will be out of contract with Barca in just 19 days, and Chelsea boss Thomas Tuchel is hoping the player will move to Stamford Bridge on a free transfer.

Club president Joan Laporta told Sport on Saturday that the contract offer remains on the table.

"Dembele? We made our bid. He has a proposal on the table but he has not accepted it," Laporta said. "There is no answer yet."

The Sunday Mirror says that has given Chelsea further encouragement that the France international will chose them.

09.00 BST: The Sunday Mirror reports that Manchester City will demand a transfer fee of £80m if Barcelona come knocking for Bernardo Silva.

Silva, 27, had another stellar season for City, and was named in the PFA Premier League Team of the Season by this peers.

Barca coach Xavi Hernandez wants Silva as part of his Camp Nou rebuilding plan, but the club have little chance of being able to sign the midfielder due to their financial troubles.

PAPER GOSSIP

- Following reports on Friday that Paris Saint-Germain had made their first move for Inter Milan centre-back Milan Skriniar, Fabrizio Romano suggests that the French champions have contacted Inter once again about a deal. Skriniar, 27, is a priority for PSG, but there is still plenty of work left to do for the two parties to agree on a fee.

- Barcelona are looking to agent Jorge Mendes to help them bring Ruben Neves to Camp Nou, according to Sport. Neves is ready to leave Wolverhampton Wanderers and is a top target for Barca as they look to add competition for Sergio Busquets. Neves, 25, is seen as a more cost-effective option than both Bernardo Silva of Manchester City and AC Milan's Rafael Leao. Barca boss Xavi Hernandez has made it clear he wants two players in every position, and he sees Neves as a potential long-term replacement for Busquets.

- Liverpool are set to confirm the signing of Benfica striker Darwin Nunez in the next few days in a move reported to be around £85m, reports Fabrizio Romano. Nunez was left out of the Uruguay squad to face Panama in a friendly on Saturday night. ESPN sources revealed last week that Nunez, 22, is set to break Liverpool's transfer record, with the deal expected to be worth around €80m plus €20m in add-ons.