The summer transfer window is closed for the top leagues in Europe! After a summer full of international football, countless clubs waited until the last minute to pull off their transfers. See all the major deals here and check out how we graded the biggest signings. But just because the window is shut until January, that doesn't mean the rumours won't keep coming.
TOP STORY: Man City monitoring Villarreal's Torres
Marca writes that the club spoke to the Spain international's representatives in the summer over a potential move to the Etihad Stadium, with the City's director of football, Txiki Begiristain, involved in the potential deal.
But with the 24-year-old committing his immediate future to the club that he has been at since 2002, any move could be delayed until the end of the season.
The Premier League side are the latest club to be involved in the chase for Torres, who rejected a move to Tottenham Hotspurs in the summer, while also being placed on the radar of both Real Madrid and Barcelona.
21.53 BST: After unsuccessful pursuits of Granit Xhaka and Denis Zakaria, AS Roma could turn their attentions to Tottenham Hotspur's Harry Winks to reinforce their midfield, according to Calciomercato.
The 25-year-old has played just 61 minutes in the Premier League so far, and Giallorossi boss Jose Mourinho will have plenty of experience with the Englishman, having managed the midfielder during his 18 months in charge of Spurs. However, the north London club's desire to receive a transfer fee of €20m is beyond what Roma are prepared to spend.
21.06 BST: The Athletic reports that midfielder Kalvin Phillips is "keen" to sign a new contract at Leeds United. The 25-year-old England international's deal at Elland Road still has two-plus years to run, but following his exquisite performances in the Premier League and at Euro 2020, he's put himself in position to vastly improve on his £25,000-a-week wages.
The 26-year-old Germany international's contract expires in 2023, leaving the nine-times defending Bundesliga champions in a position of risking the former Arsenal running down his contract and leaving on a reduced transfer fee next summer or potentially on a free in less than two years' time.
The 34-year-old Uruguay international has fallen down the pecking order at Old Trafford following the arrival of Cristiano Ronaldo. Sunday's 57-minute appearance against Everton accounted for nearly half of his 119 minutes played so far in the 2021-22 season.
17.58 BST: Rangers manager Steven Gerrard insists the Scottish champions need to spend "big money" on transfers if they are to compete in Europe.
The Glasgow club have won five and lost just one of their seven league matches so far this season, but they have suffered defeats to Lyon and Sparta Prague in both of their Europa League group matches
Gerrard said: "We have been short in the two Europa League games but at this level, which is improving year in, year out, if we want to keep growing and go to the extra level we need to spend big money in the transfer windows, it is as simple as that.
"To compete with the teams we are playing against, we have to spend big money. In the last two windows we haven't spent a penny.
"So there has to be some realism there as well. To compete with these teams and beat these teams on their own patch, when transfer windows are open we have to spend money to compete at this level, not to win, just to compete."
16.51 BST: Cagliari midfielder Nahitan Nandez is set to leave the club, according to his agent amid reported interest from Premier League duo Tottenham and Leeds.
The Sun reported that Spurs made an approach in the summer but were not willing to meet the £25m transfer fee Cagliari wanted, while Tuttomercatoweb also reported on Leeds' interest in the 25-year-old. But both clubs will have to compete with Napoli to sign the player.
The Uruguay international's agent, Pablo Bentancur, told Calcio Napoli 24: "[Cagliari president Tommaso] Giulini has promised the player and me to do everything possible so that he leaves in the January market.
"Nandez wants to win something; he wants to play in the Champions League. The president has given us his word. Nandez was the most expensive player in the history of Cagliari, but we know the crisis that took place.
"There are two or three clubs that will look for Nandez in January, including Napoli. I would be happy to see him in blue, definitely. But Giulini has now understood the situation, we hope that in January there may be some movement, we hope in the direction of Naples. I think he will sell at a lower price than the one requested, there is a €36m clause."
15.29 BST: Manchester United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer said he has no problem with Donny van de Beek showing his frustration over a lack of playing time at Old Trafford but has warned the midfielder that he cannot let it negatively affect the dressing room.
Cameras caught Van de Beek throwing away his chewing gum after being left as an unused substitute during the 2-1 win over Villarreal on Wednesday. He was quickly consoled by both Paul Pogba and Dean Henderson.
Van de Beek struggled for opportunities last season following his move from Ajax and has started just two of United's nine games in all competitions this season. The Netherlands international was again kept on the bench in Saturday's 1-1 draw against Everton.
"You know, we manage a squad full of international footballers, competitive footballers who want to make a difference and want to play, they all want to be on the pitch," Solskjaer told a news conference ahead of the Everton game. "Donny was ready to come on.
"I've been a sub more than anyone at this club properly and you have to be ready all the time. I've been unhappy a few times. I understand the frustration. Every player is keen to play, that's got to be built into energy and determination for when you get on and show me."
14.31 BST: Barcelona president Joan Laporta made a surprise move on Saturday, declaring that Ronald Koeman is safe in his job as Barcelona coach.
Koeman is under mounting pressure at Camp Nou, with Barcelona going into the weekend seventh in LaLiga and suffering back-to-back 3-0 defeats to open their Champions League campaign. The Barcelona coach held an impassioned news conference on Friday ahead of the clash against Atletico Madrid, accusing the club of a lack of respect by leaking stories about his future.
But on Saturday, Laporta moved to dismiss doubts over the coach's future and said: "Ronald Koeman will continue as Barca coach, we feel he deserves a certain amount of confidence for many reasons. He's a Barca fan, a reference for the supporters. He will continue and deserves some confidence.
"Koeman loves Barca and decided to come at a really difficult moment for the club institutionally and sportingly. After speaking with him, I see he has faith in the team, above all when he gets the injured players back. He has a contract [until the summer] and we hope to get back to winning ways and playing well. I am sure he will do everything possible.
"We can all understand the reactions because we are not getting results, but I ask the supporters to have some confidence in the coach, he deserves it, and to have faith in this team because when everyone is available they will be even more competitive.
"I've spoken with him and drawn my own conclusions. I value the moment he took over the club in. We spoken and it's not true the relationship between us is cold. It's a good and honest relationship. He's a good person and I think he thinks the same as me. We are all trying to turn this around for the better.
"He has a certain amount of confidence regardless of the result."
13.37 BST: Raheem Sterling has put talks with Manchester City on hold as he waits to see how much he figures in Pep Guardiola's plans over the coming months, the Daily Telegraph reports.
Sterling has found more competition for his place in the side over the past year, and while he met with Guardiola last month to discuss his position, the Telegraph reports that the two have an "uneasy truce" at present.
England international Sterling, who turns 27 in December, has a contract at the Etihad that runs until the end of next season.
12.44 BST: Karim Benzema has insisted that "it's just a question of time" before Kylian Mbappe joins him at Real Madrid, despite the club's failed attempt to land the Paris Saint-Germain star this summer.
"He said it himself," Benzema told L'Equipe in an interview published on Saturday, when asked if he expected Mbappe to eventually make the move. "He wants to see something else. One day he'll play for Real Madrid. I don't know when. But he'll come."
Mbappe's contract in Paris expires in June 2022 but he has so far ignored PSG's attempts to negotiate a new deal and would be free to talk to other clubs in January.
That led Madrid to launch a series of bids to land the France forward last month -- sources telling ESPN they were willing to pay €200m on transfer deadline day -- which PSG refused to entertain.
11.48 BST: Bundesliga giants Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund are both monitoring Timo Werner's situation at Chelsea, the London Evening Standard reports.
Werner was Chelsea's joint-top scorer in all competitions last season, but this term has started just two Premier League games following the summer signing of Romelu Lukaku.
The Germany international was an unused substitute during Wednesday's 1-0 loss to Juventus in the Champions League, prompting further speculation about his future at Stamford Bridge.
Werern, 25, is reportedly being watched by the two biggest clubs in his homeland, where he played for Stuttgart and RB Leipzig before moving to Chelsea in 2020.
10.51 BST: Former Barcelona midfielder Andres Iniesta says he would like to return to the club in some capacity in the future.
Iniesta won 30 trophies with Barca as one of the club's key players before leaving to join Japanese club Vissel Kobe in 2018.
The 37-year-old told the BBC that he plans to come back to Catalonia once he has finished his playing career, although he is not yet sure if he would prefer to be a coach or take an upstairs role.
"Yes, it is something I wish," he said. "I would like it to happen because more than anything it is the club I spent so many years in.
"You don't know what will happen in the future, you don't know in what way I could return or who will be the people in charge at a certain moment.
"So there are many factors which make it hard to see what will really happen, but if you ask me if I would like to, the answer is yes."
Iniesta, whose former midfield partner Xavi is seen as one of the candidates to replace Ronald Koeman as manager at Barca, added: "Sometimes I would like to coach, sometimes I think my interests go into other directions.
"I know I want to stay in football and when I finish as a professional I would like to get a coaching licence, but I don't know if I will use it in the future.
"There's nothing where I wake up in the morning and think 'I want to do this', so for now I will enjoy playing, training and will see what happens in the future."
09.56 BST: Influential football agent Pini Zahavi has been charged in Belgium as part of an investigation into alleged wrongdoing at second-division club Royal Excelsior Mouscron, the federal prosecutor's office said Friday.
Zahavi is one of the most influential agents in world football. He was involved in the transfers of many star players, including Neymar's world-record move to Paris Saint-Germain in 2017.
The office confirmed Zahavi's indictment following reports in the Belgian press that the 78-year-old former journalist had been charged by an investigating judge with "forgery, use of forgeries, swindling and money laundering" in the Mouscron case.
The club was placed under provisional administration two years ago because of suspicions of money laundering and was later charged.
According to local media, Belgian prosecutors suspect Zahavi, who took over the club in 2015, of illegally financing Mouscron through offshore companies.
09.00 BST: Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta has rejected Bernd Leno's claim he is in the dark over losing the No. 1 spot to Aaron Ramsdale and urged the goalkeeper to concentrate on regaining his place in the side.
Leno, who has not made a Premier League appearance since Aug. 28, gave an interview to German newspaper Sport Bild on Wednesday in which he claimed "there was no clear reason why I was out, but it had nothing to do with my performance."
Ramsdale arrived at the Emirates in the final week of the summer transfer window in a £30m deal from Sheffield United and has quickly established himself as the side's first choice, starting in all three subsequent league wins over Norwich City, Burnley and Tottenham Hotspur to earn a recall to Gareth Southgate's latest England squad.
However, when asked about Leno's comments ahead of Saturday's trip to Brighton and Hove Albion, Arteta said: "I had a very clear conversation with him 48 hours before I was going to make the decision. Obviously any conversation I have with him is completely private and I'm not going to speak with any media about it.
"[I expect from him] the same that he's done every single day. Train the way he does, be the way he is, the person he is, the way he handles himself, and try to help the other keepers and the other keepers try to help him."
PAPER GOSSIP (by Adam Brown)
- Talk surrounding Donny van de Beek has seen the Manchester United star linked with a move to Juventus or AC Milan. That's according to Calciomercato, which writes that both Serie A clubs are tracking the midfielder, who is also receiving interest from Spain. The 24-year-old joined Old Trafford in 2020, but he has since been unable to nail down a regular place in the first team, leading to notable frustration when substituted against Villarreal.
- Villarreal's Arnaut Danjuma is continued to attract interest with Leeds United monitoring the former Bournemouth winger, writes Football Insider. The 24-year-old was a standout performer against Manchester United in the Champions League on Wednesday when scouts from Liverpool were also rumoured to be in attendance. The LaLiga forward has contributed to four goals in his past six games.
- Former Southampton star Gaston Ramirez is set to continue his career with Al-Nassr, according to Nicolo Schira. The 30-year-old, who spent the past four seasons in the Serie A with Sampdoria, is reported to have agreed to a three-year deal with the Saudi Pro League club. The former Uruguay international scored 14 goals and assisted 18 during his time with the Blucerchiati.
- Arsenal technical director Edu will scout Yves Bissouma when the Gunners take on Brighton & Hove Albion on Saturday evening, says the Express. The North London club is reported to have genuine interest in the Seagulls midfielder, who has helped his side to sixth place in the Premier League campaign so far this season, but the Mali international is facing a race to be fit for the game after a recent injury kept him out of Brighton's 1-1 draw against Crystal Palace.