<
>

LIVE Transfer Talk: Barcelona, Tottenham make contact over Napoli's Lorenzo Insigne

Amid all the action at Euro 2020 and the Copa America, the summer transfer window has opened, with Europe's biggest clubs looking to make a splash in the transfer market. Check out the latest gossip below, and see all official deals here.

TOP STORY: Barca, Spurs make contact for Insigne

Napoli's Lorenzo Insigne is attracting interest from around Europe with Barcelona and Tottenham Hotspur both keen on landing the Italian winger.

That's according to the Sun, which reports that the Serie A star's agent has already been contacted by both clubs over a potential deal.

Insigne has been a stalwart for the Naples club with 383 appearances in all competitions for the Partenopei but, with just one year remaining on his current deal, his time could be coming to an end.

The Italy star has been a standout performer so far at Euro 2020 and is preparing for a semifinal on Tuesday against Spain (LIVE on ESPN and ESPN+ at 3 p.m. ET in the U.S.) but, after turning 30 last month, Insigne may need to leave Napoli if he is to begin a new challenge during his prime years.

The left-sided attacker remained one of Napoli's key players last season, scoring 21 goals while registering 15 assists across the campaign.

- Stream ESPN FC Daily on ESPN+ (U.S. only)
- Euro 2020:
Bracket | Live on ESPN | VAR watch | Pick 'em

LIVE BLOG

21.48 BST: AC Milan midfielder Franck Kessie's preference is to remain at San Siro, but Gazzetta dello Sport writes that with just a year remaining on his contract and growing interest from Premier League clubs, the Rossoneri will need to offer a lucrative new deal -- eclipsing €5m a season, up from his present pay packet that sees him earn €2.2m annually -- in order to keep the 24-year-old Ivory Coast international.

20.51 BST: The Mail reports that Southampton are growing "increasingly confident" of signing Manchester United left-back Brandon Williams on loan this summer. The Saints were keen to bring the 20-year-old to the South Coast last summer, but United opted to keep him at Old Trafford, where he made just 14 appearances. Now they look set to get their man.

19.54 BST: Atletico Madrid are open to finding a new home for right-back Sime Vrsaljko, according to Mundo Deportivo, and Turkish giants Fenerbahce are keen to bring the 29-year-old Croatia international to the Turkish Super Lig this summer.

19.25 BST: Ajax manager Erik ten Hag has taken his name out of consideration for the vacant Netherlands job after Frank de Boer was sacked following the Oranje's disappointing round-of-16 exit at Euro 2020. "Tempting but I am not available," he told ESPN Netherlands. "I signed a new contract with Ajax."

18.57 BST: AS Roma and AS Monaco are two clubs considering signing free agent and former Bayern Munich and Germany centre-back Jerome Boateng, Corriere dello Sport writes, with the agent of the 33-year-old reportedly offering his client's services to both outfits.

18.00 BST: Julian Brandt's Borussia Dortmund career has been underwhelming since joining from Bayer Leverkusen in 2019, and Gazzetta dello Sport reports that the 25-year-old Germany playmaker is ready for a new adventure this summer, with Maurizio Sarri's Lazio determined to bring him to the Italian capital.

17.31 BST: Paris Saint-Germain have announced the signing of 22-year-old right-back Achraf Hakimi from Internazionale. The Morocco international joined Inter just last summer from Real Madrid, following two successful seasons on loan with Borussia Dortmund, and is now moving to the French capital after PSG fended off Chelsea's overtures. Read the full storyRead the full story.

17.03 BST: Paris Saint-Germain are in talks with the representatives of Manchester United midfielder Paul Pogba, according to French broadcaster RMC Sport. The 28-year-old France international has just a year remaining on his contract at Old Trafford, and is said to be "more and more open" to the idea of moving to Paris.

16.06 BST: Javier Tebas has hit back at Pep Guardiola after the Manchester City coach said the La Liga president needed to learn from the Premier League.

In a war of words regarding club spending, Guardiola said on Monday that "the Premier League is run better than La Liga" and stated that thanks to the investment of big clubs like City, "other clubs in other countries can keep doing things."

Tebas, who has led criticism of City's spending power and accused "state-owned football clubs" of breaching UEFA's Financial Fair Play (FFP) rules, wrote on Twitter: "I learn from the Premier League every day Pep, it would be good for someone to teach you a little bit of macroeconomics of football, of the effects of the state-owned clubs on wage inflation, of demographics of the diffusion of pay TV, of China....and of the CAS [Court of Arbitration for Sport] acquittal we will have some news."

City were temporarily banned from the Champions League for breaching FFP regulations in 2020 but the punishment was overturned by CAS upon appeal.

15.24 BST: Barcelona will listen to offers for forward Antoine Griezmann as they look for ways to make cutbacks this summer, according to Diario SPORT.

Griezmann, 30, joined the club from Atletico Madrid for €120m in 2019 but the club would be prepared to let him leave for much less this summer if it helped balance the books.

Barca's gross debt stands at over €1 billion and they need to reduce their wage bill to be able to register Lionel Messi's proposed new contract with the Spanish league. They have already moved on Jean-Clair Todibo, Konrad de la Fuente, Junior Firpo and Francisco Trincao this summer, but they need to make further cutbacks. Samuel Umtiti and Miralem Pjanic are two of the more pressing cases, SPORT report, but Griezmann could provide the key to keeping hold of Messi.

The France international is one of the club's biggest earners and his departure would create a lot of room within the league-imposed salary cap, while he could also command a fee, even if it's much less than Barca paid for him.

Barca are well covered in attack having already signed Sergio Aguero and Memphis Depay this summer and Griezmann, who was linked with Manchester City on Monday, could be deemed surplus to requirements.

14.19 BST: Cristiano Ronaldo's future at Juventus has been a big topic in this transfer window, but the Portugal superstar holds all the cards.

play
1:05

Marcotti: No need for an immediate Ronaldo contract extension

Gab and Juls explain why both Juventus and Cristiano Ronaldo should feel no rush to come to a contract agreement.

13.28 BST: Paris Saint-Germain and Manchester City are monitoring Lionel Messi's situation with the forward yet to sign a new deal with Barcelona, according to Mundo Deportivo.

Messi's Barca contract expired on June 30 and he's technically been a free agent since then. The Barca president Joan Laporta has said Messi wants to stay at Camp Nou but that the club must ensure the new deal fits within La Liga's salary cap.

Meanwhile, reports are now emerging that PSG and City lead the race to sign Messi if Barca cannot make enough cutbacks to register the Argentina international's new contract with the Spanish league.

City, according to Mundo Deportivo, will not be "proactive" in their pursuit of Messi but will make a move if he doesn't end up penning new terms in Catalonia.

PSG have supposedly been trying to convince Messi to join them since last year, when Neymar first said he hoped to play with his former teammate again. The French club have been very active in the summer transfer window so far, with Georginio Wijnaldum arriving and deals in place for Gianluigi Donnarumma, Sergio Ramos and Achraf Hakimi.

12.57 BST: Real Madrid defender Nacho Fernandez has agreed to sign a one-year contract extension, according to Cadena SER.

Following the departure of veteran defender Sergio Ramos, who is expected to join PSG as a free agent, and with Raphael Varane expected to leave Madrid this summer, Madrid are determined not to lose another experienced defender.

The 31-year-old, who started preseason training with Madrid on Monday, becomes a free agent next summer and the new deal will see the Spaniard remain at the Bernabeu until June 2023.

Promoted to Madrid's first team in 2013, Nacho has played 33 games in all competitions for Los Blancos last season.

12.14 BST: Matteo Guendouzi has joined French club Marseille on a season-long loan from Arsenal.

The 22-year-old midfielder broke into the Arsenal first team during his first year at the club in the 2018-19 season, and went on the make 57 Premier League appearances for the Gunners.

However, after it was made clear that he was not part of manager Mikel Arteta's plans, Guendouzi spent the 2020-21 season on loan at Hertha Berlin.

12.07 BST: Leeds United have completed the signing of Barcelona's Junior Firpo, the Premier League side have announced.

Firpo, 24, has agreed a four-year deal at Elland Road and will join up with Marcelo Bielsa's squad for preseason immediately. Sources have told ESPN's Sam Marsden that the transfer is for an initial fee of €15m.

Southampton and West Ham United had shown an interest in the left-back as well, but sources told ESPN he was initially reluctant to move to England.

Italian side AC Milan also held talks with Barca about a loan move, but the Catalan club always made it clear they would prioritise a permanent transfer.

11.46 BST: David De Gea will return to preseason with Manchester United determined to fight for his place at Old Trafford, sources have told ESPN's Rob Dawson.

De Gea competed with Dean Henderson for the No. 1 spot last season and with manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer yet to make a decision on who will be his first-choice goalkeeper, the Spain international is keen to stake his claim for the gloves rather than immediately look for a move away.

Sources have told ESPN United have yet to receive any concrete interest in the 30-year-old, who still has two years and a 12-month option on his £375,000-a-week contract.

De Gea is set to return late to preseason. He will be granted a holiday after being part of Spain's squad at Euro 2020. United kick off their Premier League campaign against Leeds United at Old Trafford on Aug. 14.

11.07 BST: Bayern Munich CEO Oliver Kahn is optimistic that contract talks with Leon Goretzka and Kingsley Coman will result in the pair both signing new deals at the club.

German midfielder Goretzka has one year left on the contract he signed when he joined from Schalke in 2018, while France international Coman's current deal expires in 2023. Both have been linked with some of Europe's top clubs this summer, including Manchester United and Liverpool respectively, but Kahn believes they will stay at the Allianz Arena.

"We are in contract talks with Leon Goretzka and Kingsley Coman," Kahn told a news conference. "Top players want to be paid accordingly. We're not naive about that.

"We're in very, very good talks and I'm very optimistic. We at FC Bayern have a great package to offer. Here you can help shape an era. We have absolute professionals at all levels."

10.22 BST: Sergio Ramos will undergo a medical in Paris on Tuesday ahead of joining Paris Saint-Germain as a free agent, sources have told ESPN's Rodrigo Faez and Adriana Garcia.

Sources added that the veteran defender agreed to join the Ligue 1 giants on a two-year deal. Manchester City and Bayern Munich had shown an interest in acquiring the Spain international, but the experienced centre-back preferred PSG's project.

Ramos didn't strike an agreement with Madrid due to discrepancies over the length of the deal. Los Blancos were only willing to offer one year and by the time Ramos agreed to accept the club's proposal he was told the deadline had expired.

Ramos had wanted a two-year deal. His wages at PSG are set to be lower than what he was earning in Spain and what he would have earned had he stayed at the Bernabeu.

- 16 things about Ramos's 16 glorious years at Real Madrid

09.36 BST: Harry Kane has given Tottenham Hotspur fans hope that he might stay at the club by describing new boss Nuno Espirito Santo as "a great manager."

Kane has told Spurs that he wants to leave this summer, although he is putting off any discussion of his future until after he has finished captaining England for their Euro 2020 campaign.

"Whenever a new manager comes in, I guess there's a level of excitement around the club," Kane told talkSPORT. "Obviously, I've not been there and not had any contact with him. I'm away with England now and my full focus is on here. Hopefully, we've got a week left.

"He's a great manager and did a great job at Wolves and got them playing a really good way. Let's get back and I'm sure we'll be in contact after the tournament."

Tottenham's new managing director of football Fabio Paratici has said the club want Kane to stay. The striker, who is valued at over £100m, has scored three goals to lead England to the semifinals where they will play Denmark at Wembley on Wednesday (LIVE on ESPN and ESPN+ at 3 p.m. ET in the U.S.). The 27-year-old has a contract with Spurs until 2024, but British media said he is keen to leave in order to win major trophies and there are no shortage of interested parties.

"Keeping him is not just my goal, it's our goal as a club," Paratici, who joined Tottenham last month, told Sky Sports. "I can't wait to watch him play live ... Right now, he's one of the best strikers in the world. He's a complete player, really special. "I haven't heard from him yet because I don't want to bother the players who are busy at the Euros, it doesn't seem fair to me. They're focused on their own goals with their national teams."

08.43 BST: AC Milan have rekindled their interest in signing Real Madrid midfielder Isco, according to Gazzetta Dello Sport.

Isco, 29, has one year left on his contract with Los Blancos and has been a target of the Rossoneri in previous transfer windows. He made 29 appearances, only 10 as a starter, for Madrid last season and is expected to leave the Bernabeu this summer in search of regular playing time.

Real Madrid would be open to a transfer Isco this summer for €20m, a fee that is manageable for AC Milan. The Rossoneri are looking to strengthen their midfield line following the departure of Hakan Calhanoglu to Inter Milan.

08.00 BST: Eduardo Camavinga is open to a move to the Premier League this summer amid interest from Manchester United, sources have told ESPN's Rob Dawson.

United are making checks on Camavinga having been alerted to his potential exit from Rennes during this transfer window. The 18-year-old midfielder has a year left on his contract and if the French side do not agree to a departure, they risk losing a star performer for free next summer.

Sources have told ESPN that United believe they would have to battle Paris Saint-Germain and Real for Camavinga's signature, although his relatively low valuation makes him a more realistic target than West Ham United midfielder Declan Rice this summer.

PAPER GOSSIP

- The race for Miralem Pjanic is heating up with more clubs joining the race for the Barcelona midfielder, who could be available on a free transfer. Marca reports that Chelsea and Tottenham are the latest sides interested in landing the 31-year-old. The former Juventus star is currently on a contract worth €8 million per year but made just 13 starts for Barcelona last season.

- Aston Villa have received a boost in their pursuit of Axel Tuanzebe with reports that Manchester United would be willing to let the defender go. Football Insider writes that Dean Smith sees Tuanzebe as a first choice centre-back at Villa Park and wants to partner him alongside Tyrone Mings. Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's side would first need to find a replacement before sanctioning any potential deal.

- Adrien Rabiot's time in Turin might be limited with Calciomercato reporting that Juventus want to move on the French midfielder this summer. The Serie A club are currently rebuilding after missing out on the league title last season, and it looks as though Rabiot is not in Massimiliano Allegri's plans. The 26-year-old was a regular feature for the club in the last campaign, appearing in 47 fixtures across all competitions.

- Nuno Espirito Santo is continuing his recruitment process and it appears that Japanese star Takehiro Tomiyasu could soon be on the move to North London. Fabrizio Romano says that talks are currently ongoing between Bologna and Spurs over the signing of the 22-year-old. A deal is expected to cost in the region of €25m for the Serie A defender who can play both centrally or as a full-back.

- Italian forward Sebastian Giovinco could be set for a move back to Serie A with newly promoted Venezia interested in the player's services. That's according to Di Marzio, who says the 34-year-old is reflecting on the possibility of a return to Italy's top flight before making a final decision. The attacker currently plays for Al-Hilal, but scored just a single goal in 21 appearances last season.