<
>

LIVE Transfer Talk: PSG want Moise Kean for another year, but Everton striker dreams of Juve homecoming

With most of the major European seasons now complete, the rumour mill has been sent into overdrive as clubs ponder their moves ahead of what will be a busy transfer window. Check out the latest gossip below, and see all official deals here.

TOP STORY: PSG want Kean back but striker considers Juve return

Italian journalist Fabrizio Romano believes that Paris Saint-Germain have asked to take Moise Kean on loan for a second season.

- Stream ESPN FC Daily on ESPN+ (U.S. only)
- Euro 2020 on ESPN: Stream LIVE games and replays (U.S. only)

PSG signed Kean from Everton on loan for the 2020-21 season and were so impressed with his form, which saw him score 17 goals in 41 appearances, that they're willing to offer another fee in order to retain his services for the 2021-22 campaign.

They are without a manager following Carlo Ancelotti's return to Real Madrid, and so they're unlikely to decide on the 21-year-old's future until they've appointed a new manager.

The transfer fee for a permanent move for Kean is said to be around €45 million.

The other spanner in the works for the French runners-up is that Kean is also said to be interested in a return to Juventus, where he could play under new boss Massimiliano Allegri. Kean played under Allegri during his first spell in the club, and scored eight goals in 21 appearances.

Kean was then seen as a peripheral player, and he joined Everton from the Old Lady in 2019.

LIVE BLOG

22.30 BST: That will do it for the latest edition of our LIVE Transfer Talk blog. We hoped you enjoyed following along with us and remind you to check back shortly for the latest transfer rumours, reports and completed deals. Goodnight!

22.08 BST: Will Romelu Lukaku be staying at Inter?

Despite Inter winning the Scudetto last season, due to the club's financial troubles and the fact that manager Antonio Conte has left, the Belgian has been linked with a move away from Milan. The 28-year-old though, does not sound like someone who is planning on leaving, at least based on a recent interview he gave Belgian TV station VTM.

Lukaku, who scored 30 goals in 44 games last season for Inter, had been heavily linked with a return to Chelsea.

21.17 BST: Atalanta are closing in on a move for young Toulouse striker Janis Antiste, Gianluca di Marzio reports.

The 18-year-old, who was previously pursued by AC Milan, scored seven goals last season in Ligue 2. Atalanta have established themselves as one of the best clubs in Europe at identifying and developing young talent in recent years, so Antiste will definitely be one to keep an eye on.

20.30 BST: Will Gareth Bale be returning to Real Madrid?

"He is coming back, I know him very well, he will be motivated to play better and have a great season, no doubt," new Madrid boss Carlo Ancelotti said on Wednesday.

"I have a lot of love still for Gareth [Bale], Isco, Marcelo... they will have motivation to show they can still play for Real Madrid," the former Everton and Chelsea boss said.

"With this squad, without loan players like Bale, Odegaard and Ceballos, Madrid reached UCL semis and fought for La Liga. So we have the players to win trophies."

Ancelotti previously managed Bale at Madrid between 2013-15, during which Bale enjoyed a rich vein of form, scoring 39 goals and adding 31 assists in 92 games, while also winning the Champions League.

Bale, 31, scored 16 goals in 34 games this season on loan at Tottenham despite playing limited minutes.

19.41 BST: Manchester United have reportedly entered the race for Lille and Turkey right-back Zeki Celik, the Evening Standard writes.

The outlet lists United, Arsenal, Tottenham, Roma and Inter as clubs interested in the 24-year-old. Celik, 24, was a key member of Lille's surprising Ligue 1 title-winning squad and is reportedly valued at £13 million.

19.01 BST: Everton are reportedly zeroing in on former Wolves coach Nuno Espirito Santo to be their next head coach, Sky Sports understands.

The Portuguese coach recently left Wolves after four years of unprecedented success at the Wolverhampton club. The link comes a day after Carlo Ancelotti revealed he would be leaving Everton to return to Real Madrid.

The 47-year-old Nuno guided Wolves to promotion to the Premier League in 2017-18 and led them all the way to the Europa League quarterfinals in 2020.

18.14 BST: Leicester City have done a terrific job in identifying centre-backs in recent years whether it be Harry Maguire, Jonny Evans, Caglar Soyuncu or most recently Wesley Fofana.

Reports in Germany claim Bayer Leverkusen's Jonathan Tah could be the next centre-back to arrive at the King Power Stadium. Bild reports that Leicester are interested in the 25-year-old Tah, who could be available if Leverkusen sign top target Jeremiah St. Juste as a replacement.

The 25-year-old, who has 13 caps for Germany, has made 216 appearances for Leverkusen since joining them from Hamburg in 2015 and is valued by transfermarkt at €20 million.

17.39 BST: Man United have done quite well in signing Sporting Lisbon players... do Cristiano Ronaldo and Bruno Fernandes ring a bell?

Portuguese outlet Record claims that they could return to the well for a third time with midfielder Pedro Goncalves linked with a move to Old Trafford. The 22-year-old, who bagged 23 goals last season for the Portuguese champions, reportedly has a £52 release clause which Sporting are keen to raise to fend off interest from abroad.

The youngster, who came through the ranks at Wolverhampton Wanderers, has also been linked with a move to Liverpool.

16.53 BST: Arsenal are leading the race for Man City winger Raheem Sterling, the Sun claims.

The emergence of young Phil Foden has made Sterling available, with City even shopping the 26-year-old alongside Gabriel Jesus in a package deal to hopefully land Tottenham striker Harry Kane. But the Sun suggests that Arsenal could swoop in a scupper this proposed deal, with the Gunners keen to add the Londoner to their ranks.

Arsenal have prevously splashed big on wages for Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang and Mesut Ozil, and according to the Sun would be willing to do the same for the England winger.

16.02 BST: Sergio Aguero took a €17m cut in his basic salary to join Barcelona from Manchester City, according to a report in Mundo Deportivo.

The Catalonia-based daily claim Aguero, who turned 33 on Wednesday, was earning €23m gross at City but will earn just €6m gross at Barca. However, the report suggests he could make more at Camp Nou if a series of variables are met in terms of matches played, goals scored and trophies won.

Aguero could have earned much more elsewhere, with the tax rules in Italy making an offer from Juventus much more attractive, but he was intent on joining Barca.

The Argentina striker signed a two-year deal earlier this week and hopes to link up with long-time Argentina teammate Lionel Messi at Barca. Aguero hinted in his presentation that Messi will stay at the club -- his contract expires this month -- and president Joan Laporta has also said the Barca captain wants to extend his 20-year stay in Catalonia. (/soccer-transfers/story/4399085/lionel-messi-wants-barcelona-stay-but-talks-ongoing-club-president

15.27 BST: Tottenham Hotspur have held initial talks with Antonio Conte over the prospect of him taking over as manager, according to the Daily Mail.

The former Chelsea coach is reportedly in the frame to be the permanent successor to Jose Mourinho as Spurs have been unable to negotiate a return to the club for Paris Saint-Germain boss Mauricio Pochettino.

Conte would be free to join Spurs immediately if appointed as he left Inter Milan last month shortly after leading them to the Serie A title. The conditions of his Inter exit only preclude him to joining another Italian club next season, the Mail reports.

Meanwhile, journalist Fabrizio Romano reports that Spurs are also working to bring in former Juventus chief Fabio Paratici, who recently left his role as chief football officer at the Turin club, as their new director of football.

14.32 BST: It's not often that a straight-swap deal works out for all players and clubs. But could David de Gea returning to his first club, Atletico Madrid, with Jan Oblak making the opposite journey to Manchester United be the exception that proves the rule?

13.59 BST: Ousmane Dembele says he hopes to stay at Barcelona but he doesn't know what will happen beyond this summer's European Championships.

Dembele, 24, is out of contract in 2022 and there has not yet been a breakthrough in talks to extend his stay at Camp Nou. If an agreement cannot be reached before the start of next season, reports suggest Barca will look to move him on this summer to avoid losing him for free next year.

"I hope to stay at Barca but I don't know," Dembele told L'Equipe. "There's no rush. I don't know what's going to happen. Right now I am completely focused on the Euros with France."

Dembele's four years in Spain have been hampered by injuries but he remained relatively injury-free this season to make 44 appearances, scoring 11 goals.

Barca hope to tie him down to a new deal but Mundo Deportivo reported this week the club are not having an easy time negotiating the terms with the forward's agents.

13.20 BST: Henrikh Mkhitaryan has signed a contract extension at AS Roma where he will remain for next season, the Serie A club have announced.

Mkhitaryan was set to be out of contract this summer after two years in which he has scored 23 goals in 73 appearances.

However, the 32-year-old will remain with the Giallorossi for the 2021-22 campaign -- when his former manager at Manchester United, Jose Mourinho, officially takes over in the Italian capital.

12.32 BST: Pau Torres has denied that speculation linking him with a move to Real Madrid or Manchester United will be a distraction as he plays for Spain at this summer's Euros.

Centre-back Torres, 24, impressed for Villarreal in their Europa League-winning campaign -- including in their penalty shootout final victory over United last week -- and has a €65m release clause.

"Right now I have a contract with Villarreal," he said in a news conference with his national team on Wednesday. "We've won a European trophy. We've shown we can compete against any opponent. Next year we have the Champions League ahead of us, and that's what I'm focused on."

ESPN reported in March that both Real and United were tracking Torres, who is a regular starter for Spain under coach Luis Enrique.

"Those rumours mean that you're doing a good job," he said. "I'm calm. Those rumours came out a while ago and I don't think my performance has changed, it's been good."

11.45 BST: Leicester City midfielder Youri Tielemans will wait until after his Euro 202 campaign with Belgium has finished before signing a new contract with the Foxes, Eurosport reports.

Tielemans has made more than 100 appearances since joining Leicester in 2019,initially on loan before completing a £22m transfer from AS Monaco. The 24-year-old's development into one of Europe's most promising midfielders was cemented with his winning goal in this season's FA Cup final.

Tielemans has attracted plenty of interest from some of Europe's top clubs, and he is waiting to see if that translates into one or more firm offers after this summer's international tournament.

- Euro 2020 on ESPN: Stream LIVE games and replays (U.S. only)

11.01 BST: Following Carlo Ancelotti's surprise departure from Everton for a second stint at Real Madrid coach, two former Liverpool greats are among the names being linked with the vacancy at Goodison Park.

According to The Athletic, Liverpool's former captain Steven Gerrard and ex-coach Rafa Benitez are both being considered by Everton as replacements for Ancelotti.

Meanwhile, talkSPORT reports that Nuno Espirito Santo is another of the frontrunners, following his exit from the Wolves job at the end of the 2020-21 season.

Former Everton boss David Moyes has also been mentioned as a candidate, although Sky reports that West Ham are confident they can keep hold of their man after he led them to a sixth-placed last term and with it Europa League qualification.

play
1:06

Should Man United try swapping De Gea for Oblak?

Shaka Hislop examines how swapping David De Gea for Jan Oblak would suit Man United and Atletico Madrid.

10.18 BST: Barcelona have completed their third transfer of the week after activating a clause to recall Emerson Royal from his loan at Real Betis for a fee of €9m.

The Brazil international signed a five-year contract with Barca when he moved to Spain from Atletico Mineiro in 2019, but spent the last two-and-a-half years at Real Betis. Barca agreed the original deal in collaboration with Betis, with each club paying €6m and Barca reserving an option to pay Betis €9m this summer to end the loan and take the player to Camp Nou. Betis will also be due 20% of any future transfer fee.

Emerson, 22, becomes the third player to make the move to Camp Nou this week following the arrivals of Manchester City duo Sergio Aguero and Eric Garcia. In just over two years at Betis, he has been a regular at right-back, making 79 appearances across all competitions and helping the club qualify for the Europa League this season. He is currently with the Brazil national team preparing for this week's World Cup qualifiers and could be involved in the Copa America later this month in his homeland.

Barca have now added two right-backs in the last year. Emerson follows Sergino Dest, who joined from Ajax for around €20m last September, and the two will compete for a place in the team next season.

09.49 BST: Barcelona defender Junior Firpo could join West Ham United or Southampton before the end of the month, according to Diario Sport.

Firpo, 24, is one of the players Barca have made available for a transfer this summer after president Joan Laporta promised big changes to the playing staff.

The Catalan club are hopeful of finding a new club for the left-back before the end of June, which marks the closing of the accounts for the 2020-21 season.

Sources told ESPN's Moises Llorens and Sam Marsden in May that Southampton had sounded out Firpo as a possible replacement for Ryan Bertrand. Sport have now added West Ham to the list of possible suitors in the Premier League.

09.12 BST: Manchester City will spend in the transfer window to find a replacement for striker Sergio Aguero and also improve the overall quality of the squad, chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarak said. Argentina international Aguero, City's all-time top scorer with 260 goals, will join Barcelona on a two-year deal in July after his contract expires.

Premier League champions City have been heavily linked with interest in Tottenham Hotspur striker Harry Kane and Borussia Dortmund centre-forward Erling Haaland.

"We lose a very important legend in Sergio Aguero," Al Mubarak said on Tuesday. "They are very hard shoes to fill, but I'm confident that we will find the right player to fill those shoes.

"There are other areas within the group, within the team that obviously need investment. Not too many. It's not about numbers, it's about quality. One of the things I've learned over the years is you need to constantly bring in talent into the team, refresh and particularly when you are at a high level and when you're on the top."

- What's next for Man City after Champions League final woe?

08.30 BST: Real Madrid are furious with Sergio Ramos, Onda Cero radio reports, because the captain has discouraged teammates from taking a pay cut believing the cash is destined to pay for Kylian Mbappe's signing.

Ramos was offered a one-year extension to his contract, which expires this month, with a 10% salary reduction.

Luka Modric accepted a similar deal but Ramos has refused, according to the station's late-night show El Transistor, telling other players to do the same.

Onda Cero claims Ramos has held talks with Paris Saint-Germain over a move but no agreement has been reached.

PAPER GOSSIP (by Nick Judd)

- Arsenal are considering a summer move for Anderlecht midfielder Albert Sambi Lokonga, according to Belgian outlet Nieuwsblad. Lokonga, 21, would be an alternative to Brighton & Hove Albion's Yves Bissouma, another target for the north London club who is said to command a transfer fee of around £40m. Arsenal have been tracking Lokonga since 2019< and he would require a fee in the region of £13m-£17m. The midfielder has one year left on his contract, which means Anderlecht would be willing to part ways with him in order to avoid losing him for free next year.

- Arsenal are also considering a cut-price move for Ajax Amsterdam goalkeeper Andre Onana, according to Dutch broadcaster NOS. The 25-year-old was banned in February after testing positive for Furosemide, but his ban could be reduced after he lodged an appeal. Ajax have decided to part ways with Onana after having failed to agree to a new contract beyond the existing deal, which expires next summer.

- Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich is said to be personally driving a deal to bring Romelu Lukaku to Chelsea from Internazionale, according to Eurosport. The Belgian striker is said to be the Blues' top target, with Abramovich reportedly convinced that the 28-year-old is the best player to spearhead a title challenge next season. Manchester City are also said to be interested and could be prepared to offer bigger wages, although their next move depends on whether they're able to sign Harry Kane from Tottenham Hotspur.

- Lionel Messi is said to be close to signing a new two-year contract at Barcelona, according to AS. The deal would take the 33-year-old Argentine striker closer to the end of his career, with a last move to Newell's Old Boys a likely destination to bring down the final curtain on his playing days. It is said there are still some "structural details" to be finalised on the deal, but the arrival of Joan Laporta as president and compatriot Sergio Aguero means Messi appears increasingly willing to stay.

- Atletico Madrid could be set to launch a move for Getafe's left-footed winger Marc Cucurella as they look to strengthen their left-hand side. That's according to Marca, who reports that Diego Simeone is a huge fan of the 22-year-old's versatility. He can play on the wing, at left-back and wing-back, and would require a transfer fee of around €15m. A Barcelona academy graduate, Cucarella scored three goals and provided two assists for Getafe this season.

- Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola has been given the green light to launch a bid for Harry Kane, reports the Telegraph. The Catalan coach is being backed to strengthen his side in two main areas; in midfield and attack, and it is said he wants to land Kane and Aston Villa midfielder Jack Grealish.