<
>

LIVE Transfer Talk: Borussia Dortmund set €100m transfer fee for Jadon Sancho

play
Dortmund wins the DFB Pokal behind Sancho and Haaland (1:41)

Jadon Sancho and Erling Haaland both score twice to beat RB Leipzig 4-1. (1:41)

The January transfer window might seem like a distant memory, but that doesn't mean the rumour mill has shut down! Speculation over summer moves is heating up, so check out the latest gossip below, and see all official deals here.

TOP STORY: Borussia Dortmund name price for Sancho

Borussia Dortmund forward Jadon Sancho has been at the heart of endless speculation of late, and Fabrizio Romano has revealed that the Bundesliga club would allow Sancho to leave for around €100 million this summer.

The 21-year-old began the season slowly, but has since reignited his form with 16 goals and 14 assists in 37 appearances. Manchester United are one of the clubs that continue to be linked with England international, though Romano says no official contact has been made, creating an "open race" for the in-demand winger.

The Premier League still looks the most likely destination for Sancho, with Chelsea and Liverpool both previously named as potential destinations, though a strong performance at Euro 2020 means Dortmund could wait to see whether a bidding war is sparked.

- Stream ESPN FC Daily on ESPN+ (U.S. only)
- ESPN+ viewers guide: Bundesliga, Serie A, MLS, FA Cup and more

LIVE BLOG

21.23 BST: Former Chelsea youth standout Jeremie Boga has told L'Equipe that he is ready to leave Sassuolo, with the 24-year-old having spent the past three seasons in Emilia-Romagna.

20.30 BST: German broadcaster Sport1 reports that Bayern Munich have made contact with Liverpool midfielder and pending free agent Georginio Wijnaldum, and that the 30-year-old Netherlands international moving to the nine-times defending Bundesliga champions is a possibility, despite strong links to Barcelona for the past year.

19.37 BST: While AC Milan and Gianluigi Donnarumma have been at a stalemate for months over a new contract for the goalkeeper, with the club's offer €2m shy of the 22-year-old's €10m annual demand, agent Mino Raiola is also seeking a €20m commission for keeping the Italy international at the San Siro rather than brokering a deal with Juventus or Barcelona, writes Gazzetta dello Sport.

18.44 BST: Marca reports that the agent of 23-year-old forward Lautaro Martinez has met with both Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid to discuss a potential summer move. Internazionale would be loath to lose the Argentina international, but their economic situation could force a move. In the Spanish capital, Madrid see Martinez as a backup plan should they fail in their quest to sign Borussia Dortmund's Erling Haaland, while Luis Suarez has the option of leaving Atletico this summer and Los Rojiblancos are making alternate plans should their No. 9 indeed leave town.

17.51 BST: Cristiano Ronaldo leaving Juventus is "practically certain" with qualification for next season's Champions League looking nigh on impossible, according to La Stampa. As such, the Bianconeri are looking for a new talisman to lead the line, and one option could be Antoine Griezmann, with the Italian publication floating the idea of Juve sending Paulo Dybala to Barcelona in part exchange.

17.04 BST: Jose Mourinho is already planning for next season, when he will take over as the new coach of AS Roma. Corriere dello Sport reports that Wolfsburg striker Wout Weghorst is at the top of his wanted list, with a replacement needed if, as expected, Edin Dzeko leaves Roma.

The report states that Weghorst is valued at around €35m and was on Mourinho's list of targets at Tottenham Hotspur in January. The 28-year-old, who has won four caps with Netherlands, has scored 53 Bundesliga goals in the last three seasons.

16.17 BST: In case you missed this one on Friday... Gremio have completed the signing of Juventus midfielder Douglas Costa on a year-long loan, with an option to extend it two-and-a-half years.

The 30-year-old winger has been on loan at Bayern Munich, but will now return home to play in Brazil.

15.30 BST: Netherlands international Memphis Depay has been linked with a move to Barcelona for many months. Depay, 27, will be a free agent in a few weeks when his Lyon contract expires and is seen as a perfect signing with finances squeezed by the coronavirus pandemic.

But could the move be cancelled if Barca part ways with their Dutch coach, Ronaldo Koeman? Mundo Deportivo reports that Koeman was pushing for the signing of Depay, but with Barca falling out of contention in the La Liga title race his future is now very uncertain. And the paper says that if Koeman goes, the Depay deal is off.

The report states that Depay has also been offered a contract by Juventus but wants to move to Camp Nou.

"They have shown an interest, but there are also other clubs," Depay told L'Equipe when asked about a possible move to Barcelona. "Nothing is done."

Asked if the deal relies on Koeman remaining as coach, he added: "That is a question for them, not for me."

14.47 BST: Ian Darke believes Tottenham Hotspur striker Harry Kane is openly flirting with Manchester City with his recent comments about Kevin De Bruyne.

14.03 BST: Newcastle United's hopes of signing Joe Willock from Arsenal on a permanent basis appear to be fading. Willock. 21, has been a revelation at St James' Park since moving on loan in January. The England Under-21 international became the youngest player to score in six consecutive Premier League appearances when netting Newcastle's winner against Sheffield United, and he has scored seven goals in total for the Magpies.

Willock is only the third Newcastle player to score six Premier League games in a row, after Papiss Cisse in 2012 and Alan Shearer in 1996.

"I think it was great for him to go away and have a different experience," Arteta said. "He has grabbed that opportunity in a really positive and remarkable way and he will come back to us, we will have a conversation with him and plan the next years for him."

Newcastle boss Steve Bruce responded: "We will try to test their resolve. We will try our utmost. We must respect that he is Arsenal's player and he's 21.

"When you have six in six and you are the youngest player to do it, and he's somebody else's player so we are up against it. We will try our best."

13.16 BST: Is Lionel Messi about to sign a new two-year contract with Barcelona? Journalists Nicolo Schira and also Achraf Ben Ayad from beIN Sports both report that the forward has agreed to stay until the summer of 2023, and the deal will be announced in the coming days.

Messi, 33, was due to be out of contract at the Camp Nou in little more than a month, and his future was very much up in the air. Manchester City were thought to be very interested in signing the Argentina international, but there interest may now have turned to Tottenham striker Harry Kane.

12.33 BST: Ozan Kabak has only been at Liverpool for four months, but it's far from certain he will still be at the club at the start of next season. Kabak, 21, joined Liverpool on loan from Schalke in the winter window, but has struggled to adapt to life in the Premier League, and the Reds may not take up the £18m option to sign the Turkey international on a permanent basis.

"It's Liverpool. Of course I want to stay," Kabak told The Times. "Jurgen [Klopp] has not said anything yet. We don't speak about this topic so far.

"This is a huge club. I am very proud to wear this jersey so far. Every moment, every single minute, I am proud.

"We will see what is going to happen next season, but whatever it is I have really enjoyed it and appreciate what everyone has done for me."

11.46 BST: The Daily Mail reports that Harry Kane could have hampered his hopes of a summer transfer by going public with his desire to move on from Tottenham Hotspur. ESPN sources revealed on Monday that Kane was eager to leave in search of silverware.

Kane then effectively confirmed the rumours on Thursday when he reiterated his stance that he doesn't plan to stay at the club for the rest of his career.

But the Daily Mail says these events have infuriated Spurs chairman Daniel Levy, who considers it "disrespectful." Kane still has three years left on his contract so he doesn't have much power to force through a transfer.

Spurs are said to value Kane at £150m, with Manchester City his most likely destination.

London rivals Chelsea are willing to offer several different players, including Tammy Abraham and Kepa Arrizabalaga, in a player-plus-cash offer for Harry Kane but fear Tottenham will not do business with them, sources have told ESPN.

11.00 BST: West Ham United are all but assured of some form of European football next season, and the club are hoping that might be enough to persuade Jesse Lingard to join the club on a permanent deal from Manchester United.

Lingard, 28, signed for the Hammers on a half-season loan in January, going on to score 9 goals and provide 4 assists to earn a recall into the England squad. The Hammers need a point at home to Southampton to secure Europa League football, though they should get a place in the Europa Conference League even if they lose.

Boss David Moyes said: "I couldn't say any more than I'm hopeful Jesse might want to come here, that's up to Manchester United, but he's been a positive signing."

10.14 BST: Sky Sports reports that both Arsenal and Aston Villa are ready to go head to head for the signing of Norwich City star Emiliano Buendia. The attacking midfielder was crucial to the Canaries' immediate return to the Premier League, scoring 15 goals as they won the Championship title.

Buendia, 24, was wanted by Arsenal in January before they opted to sign Martin Odegaard on loan from Real Madrid.

Norwich value Buendia in the region of £35m to £40m which could make a deal difficult for both clubs. But if Jack Grealish were to leave Villa then Buendia could be seen as the perfect replacement.

09.30 BST: French agent Bruno Satin has told Canal+ plus that he believes Kylian Mbappe has an agreement to join Real Madrid. Mbappe, 22, has just over a year left on his Paris Saint-Germain contract and, unlike teammate Neymar, does not appear to be close to signing an extension.

"My feeling is that he's ready to do it," Satin told Canal+. "I also have information which says that Mbappe and his family have an agreement with Real Madrid. At first, there will be an agreement on the player's part, but there's also a need for Paris Saint-Germain to agree.

"Obviously, the Qatari owners and PSG haven't decided to move Mbappe on and he could, therefore, finish his contract and leave for nothing."

Le Parisien has reported that PSG have offered the striker two different deals. The first runs through to the summer of 2025 with a clause allowing him to leave in 2024. And the second offer sees an extension through to 2023 with permission to move on in 2022.

PAPER GOSSIP

- Leeds United are looking to sign Jack Harrison from Manchester City on a permanent basis, reports the Daily Star. The winger has spent the past three seasons on loan at Elland Road, and the outlet says Marcelo Bielsa's side are ready to pay £15m. Harrison has been a key part of Leeds' success this season, contributing 16 goals in 33 starts.

- Crystal Palace and Southampton are keen on Randal Kolo Muani of Nantes. Le10Sport reports that both Premier League clubs have registered an interest in the 22-year-old striker, who has scored eight goals and assisted four in Ligue 1, including a stand-out performance against Paris Saint-Germain that helped Nantes to a 2-1 win in March.

- Football Insider is reporting that Tottenham Hotspur would be prepared to listen to offers for Denmark midfielder Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg. The North London club would demand £30m, which is twice what they paid for him last summer. The 25-year-old has been a stalwart in the middle of the park for Spurs, appearing in 50 games this season.

- Norwich City are already preparing for life in the Premier League with out-of-contract Adam Reach of Sheffield Wednesday in their sights. Football Insider says that the Canaries are looking to reshape their squad as they set up for a return to the top flight. The versatility that the 28-year-old offers would help boost depth on the left-side of the pitch, with Reach being able to play in both midfield and defence.

- Crystal Palace winger Wilfried Zaha has told The Face that he would not turn down another shot at playing for a "top team." The 28-year-old has been a key performer from the left-flank for the Eagles this season, scoring on 11 occasions.

- Calciomercato reports that Rodrigo de Paul could be available for €35m with Udinese looking to bring in funds due to the financial effects of COVID-19. The Argentina international has a number of admirers from abroad after a strong season in Serie A that has seen him contribute to 18 goals directly from midfield.