AC Milan defender Ignazio Abate says he is proud to have committed the rest of his career to the Rossoneri by signing a new contract until 2019 on Thursday.
The Serie A club announced the new deal with a brief message on their website.
"AC Milan announces that Ignazio Abate has extended his contract until June 30, 2019," said the message.
Abate has been with the Milanese club since 2009, when he joined them from Torino for almost €2.5 million. He was previously on the club's books as a youth player but spent time out on loan with Empoli before playing just one season in Turin.
Capped 22 times by Italy, the 28-year-old Abate was restricted by injury to just 23 appearances in Serie A last season, but he is delighted to be given the opportunity to rack up a decade of service for the club.
Una firma che mi riempie di orgoglio...10 anni di Milan da onorare...giorno dopo giorno. Rossonero per sempre. Grazie @acmilan ��⚫️
- Ignazio Abate (@ignazioabate20) June 11, 2015
"This signature fills me with pride," he wrote on Twitter. "10 years of AC Milan, honoured day after day. Rossonero forever. Thanks AC Milan."
Abate will be 32 when his new contract expires.