Jordan De Goey's three-month Collingwood exile is over after the AFL star agreed to a court settlement over his run-in with the law in New York.
De Goey, who had been stood down since October 31, has been reinstated in Collingwood's AFL program and is set to return to training on Friday.
His career has been hanging in the balance since being charged after an alleged altercation at a Manhattan bar on October 30 last year.
The Magpies confirmed De Goey had pleaded guilty to a second degree harassment violation, which does not carry a criminal conviction.
He has also agreed to an order to commit to a corrective program in Australia, while all other charges were dropped.
Collingwood said it received in writing on Thursday an agreed settlement that is expected to be ratified at a hearing in the US on January 28.
The Magpies stressed the 25-year-old needed to change his behaviour more generally, noting the incident in New York had "not been the club's only consideration" in deciding to stand De Goey down.
"The decision to stand Jordan down immediately was as a result of this incident but also other matters that needed to be addressed," chief executive officer Mark Anderson said.
"At the outset of the police and court process, we stated that we were seeking a clear outcome and the necessary information to inform our decision in relation to his future.
"The court case and today's agreement has provided that outcome, along with access to evidence and a full account of the facts.
"Club officials have spoken at length with Jordan about the situation and his behaviour more generally, and he recognises that change is necessary.
"He also understands that his actions from here will need to be evidence of that change. The responsibility to rebuild trust is his to carry and he fully understands the consequences of any future issue."
Collingwood said De Goey's return hinged on "acceptance of continuing and further support off-field and full co-operation with health professionals providing such support".
He is also required to take on permanent, part-time work with the Salvation Army.
"We look forward to Jordan returning to the program. The club did not take this episode lightly. Jordan has been stood down for almost three months as a result of what occurred," football boss Graham Wright said.
"But with his case now effectively finalised we plan to ensure that he has every opportunity to be the player and person he and we want him to be."