Gavin Henson open to Dragons move
January 13, 2014
Gavin Henson has found first-team rugby limited at Bath © Getty Images
Former Wales international Gavin Henson has revealed he is keen to talk with the Dragons if he is not offered a new contract by Bath.
Henson joined Bath in the summer but has found his first-team opportunities limited with George Ford preferred at fly-half and Kyle Eastmond and Ollie Devoto ahead of him in the pecking order for the inside centre spot.
Henson, who started at outside centre against the Dragons on Saturday in the Amlin Challenge Cup, claims he is "loving it at Bath" and is hopeful of securing a new deal there.
"Bath signed me as cover and I was hoping I would push my way into the first team but it's been playing that well I haven't had too many chances," Henson told Wales Online. "When I joined them I didn't have a lot of options elsewhere but, irrespective of my future at Bath, I want to keep on playing rugby.
"I do feel I have a few more years of good rugby in me and I don't want to stop at the end of the season. If it's not at Bath, hopefully somebody else will want me."
However, if things do not work out at Bath, Henson would be keen to talk to the Dragons, who signed Wales veterans Aled Brew and Lee Byrne this week. The potential move would reunite him with his former Ospreys coach Lyn Jones.
"Things seem to be on the up at the Dragons with Lyn in charge and 'Byrney' and 'Brewy' on the way. Perhaps they'd be interested in me! Seriously, I'd consider anything. I've always enjoyed working with Lyn ... I'll have to have a word with him!"
© ESPN Sports Media Ltd
Communication error please reload the page.
David De Gea says the praise he received following his outstanding performance in Manchester United's 2-1 win against Everton earlier this month sent shivers down his spine
George Groves will defend his WBC silver super-middleweight title against Denis Douglin on the undercard of Nathan Cleverly and Tony Bellew's domestic grudge match in Liverpool on November 22
Crystal Palace manager Neil Warnock has been charged with misconduct by the FA for his comments following the 2-1 home defeat to Chelsea on Saturday
Chelsea striker Diego Costa has reportedly been released from hospital following treatment for an illness
Brendan Rodgers has refused to guarantee Mario Balotelli's long-term future at Liverpool - even though the striker is only two months into a three-year contract