UFC

/ News

  • UFC news

Rampage quit threats don't concern Dana White

ESPN staff
March 7, 2012 « Redknapp backs Defoe for Euros | Chartbeat test »

UFC president Dana White plans to do little in response to Quinton Rampage Jackson's threat to quit the UFC, insisting the light-heavyweight is merely an emotional character.

Not for the first time in his career, Jackson threatened to walk away from the UFC on Monday when he claimed his next fight will be his last.

Rampage previously stated after defeat to Jon Jones that he would pursue a career in boxing, but returned to the Octagon to fight Ryan Bader - a bout he lost via unanimous decision.

Jackson's tweets on Monday stated: "Why should I stay? I don't need them or anybody else negative dealing with my career. I didn't say I would be done fighting, I just said I'm not fighting for the UFC."

White clearly expects Jackson to perform another U-turn and, with potential blockbuster fights against Dan Henderson and Mauricio Shogun Rua on the cards, the president does not seem panicked by Rampage's threats.

"I talked to Rampage yesterday for about an hour and a half before all the tweets started and, you know, Rampage just lost and I think Rampage takes his losses hard," White told MMA Fighting.

"We'll see what happens. I'm always on again off again with him as it is anyway. But listen, I have no beef with Rampage. I don't dislike Rampage or anything like that. I just think he takes the losses really hard and he takes criticism really hard too."

© ESPN Sports Media Ltd.
Close