- International Premier Tennis League
Murray to play for Bangkok in ITPL
Andy Murray will play for Bangkok along with Jo-Wilfried Tsonga and Victoria Azarenka in a four-team International Premier Tennis League later this year.
Sunday's player auction in Dubai, which will also host a franchise as well as Singapore and Mumbai, saw some of the biggest names in the sport drafted for the tournament.
- Singapore: Tomas Berdych, Andre Agassi, Lleyton Hewitt, Serena Williams, Bruno Soares, Patrick Rafter, Daniela Hantuchova, Nick Krygios
- Bangkok: Andy Murray, Jo-Wilfred Tsonga, Victoria Azarenka, Daniel Nestor, Carlos Moya, Kirsten Flipkens
- Mumbai: Rafael Nadal, Gael Monfils, Pete Sampras, Rohan Bopanna, Ana Ivanovic, Sania Mirza, Fabrice Santoro
- Dubai: Novak Djokovic, Caroline Wozniacki, Goran Ivanisevic, Janko Tipsarevic, Nenad Zimonic, Malek Jaziri, Martina Hingis
Men's world No.1 Rafael Nadal will play for Mumbai, while Novak Djokovic was signed by Dubai. Singapore successfully bid for women's world No.1 Serena Williams.
It is believed that £14 million was spent on the 28 players sold, with 70 players putting their names forward for the auction. Australian Open champion Stanislas Wawrinka, David Ferrer and Agnieszka Radwanska remained unsold, with team owners still able to make 10 additions to their squads.
A total of 24 matches will be played between November 28 and December 13, with all four teams competing in one of the cities over a three-day period before moving to the next.
Each match will consist of a men's singles, a women's singles, a men's doubles, a mixed doubles and a legends' singles, with one set of each.
A tie-break will come into play if the score reaches 5-5, with the match winner to be decided by total games won by each team.
The first fixtures will take place from November 28-30 in Singapore, before the tournament moves to Bangkok (December 2-4), Mumbai (December 7-9) and finally Dubai (December 11-13).