The Six Nations board has been dealt a blow after the Welsh Rugby Union said it would not be prepared to host any more Friday night matches at the Principality Stadium.
WRU chairman Gareth Davies told Wales Online they had "done their bit" in staging Friday night games, and encouraged other nations to "share the burden."
Since Friday evening matches were introduced into the tournament in 2009, Wales have been involved in all eight and have hosted seven of them -- including last week's victory over Ireland.
The Stade de France in Paris is the only other venue to have hosted a Friday night fixture.
Davies told Wales Online: "We have told Six Nations we won't be hosting Friday nights. I think primarily because of all the adverse criticism we do get.
"Coming into Cardiff is hellish on Friday anyway. Our line to the Six Nations was, look, we have done our bit, so we think other people should share the burden.
"There's a lot of adverse publicity about Friday because of infrastructure in Cardiff. We have carried the burden of Friday nights now for a while. What we have told the Six Nations is we won't host games then for the next two year period."
The WRU's stance comes as a further blow to Six Nations Ltd after the Rugby Football Union last week confirmed it will not be staging Friday night England matches at Twickenham.