The rebuilding Wildcats are set to raise the 2018 national championship banner next week -- and also lower expectations for the season to come after multiple NBA departures.
Michigan coach John Beilein can't yell or throw a chest pass yet after his offseason heart surgery, but the coach says he is ready for the upcoming season -- and fully expects to be recovered by that time.
Former Memphis All-American and NBA All-Star Penny Hardaway tipped off his first camp as new coach of the Tigers, and he's "really anxious" to get to work.
There's more to college basketball than one-and-done freshmen. Here are 35 returning players who will have big offensive impacts this season.
Texas junior guard Andrew Jones is a limited participant in practice as he continues to regain strength following his diagnosis of leukemia, coach Shaka Smart said Monday.
Four-star point guard Jalen Gaffney made a verbal commitment to UConn on Monday, giving the Huskies their second ESPN 100 guard in the past two weeks.
Most Quality Wins
Non-Conf SOS Leader
|RK||TEAM||CONF||W-L||SOR RK||Seed||SOR S-Curve||Qual W-L||SOS RK||Non-Conf SOS RK|
|2||Texas TechTTU||Big 12||27-10||10||3||10||13-8||7||24|
|3||West VirginiaWVU||Big 12||26-11||14||5||14||13-9||12||22|
|4||Kansas StKSU||Big 12||25-12||20||9||20||9-11||31||93|
|8||Oklahoma StOKST||Big 12||21-15||48||--||71||8-14||30||111|
|10||Iowa StateISU||Big 12||13-18||91||--||102||4-15||9||160|
- SOR RK: Rank of Strength of Record (SOR) among all Division I teams. SOR reflects the chance a typical 25th ranked team would have team's record or better, given the schedule on a 0 to 100 scale, where 100 is best.
- Seed: Seed in the NCAA Tournament.
- SOR S-Curve: A team's spot on the NCAA Tournament S-Curve based on current SOR.
- Qual W-L: Number of wins and losses against current top 50 BPI teams.
- SOS RK: Strength of Schedule (SOS) rank among all Division I teams based on how a typical 25th ranked team would do against each team's schedule to date. SOS accounts for the game location, day's rest, travel distance, and high altitude in addition to opponent strength.
- Non-Conf SOS RK: SOS rank for non-conference games to date among all Division I teams.