- US Open
Bjorn withdraws from Pinehurst
Thomas Bjorn and Richard Sterne have joined Tiger Woods in pulling out of the US Open with injury.
Bjorn, the world No.23, led the BMW PGA Championship for three rounds at Wentworth, including a course record-equaling 62, before fading on the final day to finish two strokes behind winner Rory McIlroy.
- Rory McIlroy has told ESPN that he is targeting two major victories this season to make up for his winless year in 2013.
- Click here to continue reading
The Dane cited neck and shoulder injuries and will be replaced in the field by Andrew Dorn, an amateur from the Ohio sectional.
South African Sterne, meanwhile, said he is recovering from an undisclosed injury. He was exempt through the world ranking.
Sterne is replaced by Scott Langley, the first alternate from the sectional qualifying site in Tennessee.
Woods announced last week that his back surgery in March will keep him out the US Open at Pinehurst, North Carolina, which begins on June 12.