• News

Hamilton takes di Resta to court

ESPN Staff
July 31, 2012 « Hungary 'a turning point' for Senna | Hard tyres at Spa and Monza »
Anthony Hamilton and Paul di Resta confirmed their split early in July © Press Association
Enlarge

Anthony Hamilton has taken Paul di Resta to court over his dismissal as the Force India driver's manager earlier this year, according to the Telegraph.

It was confirmed that the pair had split early in July, with di Resta saying ahead of the British Grand Prix: ""I think everything has been reported, but I can confirm we are not working together."

Now the Telegraph reports that Hamilton has brought a case for wrongful termination of contract and loss of earnings, while di Resta's defence alleges that dismissal came after he was misled over multi-million pound sponsorship deal.

Di Resta alleges that he took a deal with energy drink company Go Fast worth €5.5 million (£4.3 million) to Hamilton at the end of 2011, and that Hamilton allegedly said it would make sense to buy Di Resta's sports drink rights from Force India so that they could proceed with the deal, valuing them at €2 million (£1.56 million).

With the situation not resolved, Di Resta allegedly went to Force India at the Chinese Grand Prix earlier this year to ask them what the situation was, and the team allegedly told him that the rights were worth only €1 million (£800,000). It was following this that di Resta allegedly terminated his contract with Hamilton.

© ESPN Sports Media Ltd.

Feeds Feeds: ESPN Staff

Comments: 4 
ESPN Staff Close