Liverpool's pursuit of RB Leipzig midfielder Naby Keita has been dealt a blow after the Bundesliga side effectively warned off the Premier League club, Press Association Sport reports.
Jurgen Klopp has held a long-term interest in Keita, 22, which has led to much speculation about the Guinea international.
However, all summer Leipzig have been steadfast in their stance that he will not be sold and Press Association Sport reports they have contacted Liverpool to re-emphasise this.
That would leave Keita, who returned for preseason training on Thursday, having to push for a move just one year after joining from sister club Salzburg.
Meanwhile, Emil Forsberg has abandoned all hopes of leaving Leipzig this summer after the midfielder joined up with his teammates for preseason this week.
Having flirted with a transfer to AC Milan where he hoped to "make the next step" in his career, Forsberg will instead continue with Leipzig, his agent Hasan Cetinkaya has said.
"We will not seek further talks with [sporting director] Ralf Rangnick. Leipzig won't allow Emil a transfer this summer," Cetinkaya told Bild, which added that Forsberg has no release clause in his contract.
Instead of working on a move away from Leipzig, Forsberg completed a fitness test on Wednesday and will train with his teammates for the first time this season on Thursday.
Leipzig CEO Oliver Mintzlaff last month reminded Cetinkaya that Forsberg is under contract with the club, even offering to send him a copy.
ESPN FC's Germany correspondent Stephan Uersfeld contributed to this report.