- Premier League
Rodgers: We can compete without Suarez
Brendan Rodgers has told Liverpool fans that life goes on after Luis Suarez and that their title ambitions won't be derailed by the striker's departure to Barcelona.
Liverpool are still yet to officially confirm that Suarez has joined Barcelona in a £75 million deal, though Nou Camp officials say he is "100 percent" part of the club.
After watching his experimental line-up shorn of Anfield's World Cup stars lose 2-1 to Brondby in Denmark, Rodgers told a press conference that Liverpool won't miss Suarez next season.
"Luis going doesn't lessen our ambitions - we want to continually improve. I thank Luis for his contribution over the years at the club, he's a wonderful player but we will move on," Rodgers said.
"He has moved on and I will concentrate on the players we have and who have won many games without him playing."
Youngster Jordan Ibe impressed in the defeat with Swedish winger Kristoffer Petersen, 19, levelling the score at 1-1 before Brondy grabbed an injury-time winner.
Despite losing a striker who scored 31 goals last season, Rodgers is confident Liverpool can replace Suarez as they bid to go one better than their runner's-up finish.
Lazar Markovic became Liverpool's fourth summer signing on Tuesday with Rickie Lambert, Adam Lallana and Emre Can also on board and Rodgers is still hoping to add to make further additions.
"We're working hard behind the scenes to get the best players - not a direct replacement but who can add things to our game again," Rodgers added.
"We will go and do our best. Our best last year nearly won us the title. Its going to be competitive because everyone is strengthening but the beauty is we are a young group and will progress again.
"It will be a really exciting season and this year we will have the belief to go with the quality.
"The players we have here are a fantastic group of players who have won many games without Luis."