Football

/ News

Powered by ESPNfc
  • Premier League

Pardew: No United bid for Cabaye

ESPN staff
July 23, 2013 « Live County Championship coverage | Chartbeat test »
Yohan Cabaye has been linked with a move to Old Trafford © PA Photos
Enlarge

Newcastle boss Alan Pardew has denied that Yohan Cabaye is on his way to Manchester United this summer and insists the midfielder is fully committed to the Tyneside club.

Cabaye has been linked with a switch to Old Trafford with new United manager David Moyes looking to strengthen his midfield.

The Premier League champions are reportedly preparing a fresh £35 million bid for Barcelona's Cesc Fabregas having so far been knocked back by the Catalan club in their attempts to prise the former Arsenal captain away from Camp Nou.

However if Moyes is unsuccessful in his pursuit of Fabregas then he could turn to Cabaye, 27, who has also attracted interested from Paris Saint-Germain, though Pardew is confident he will still be able to call upon the French international next season.

"Obviously he is a player I want to keep," Pardew told The Shields Gazette .

"He is a great technical player and his personality is fantastic. It's a big season for him. He will be a starter for France at the World Cup.

"It's important for him. He is focused very much on us. There's no bid for him as we speak now. Until such time as there is he is a Newcastle United player.

"Yohan's a total, 100 per cent professional. Anything else that's said is all the speculation. It will go on.

"It'll always go on around quality players like him, like with Rooney and Ronaldo. It's part and parcel of being a big player."

© ESPN Sports Media Ltd
Close