Football

/ News

Powered by ESPNfc
  • Premier League

Barcelona tell United: Fabregas not for sale

ESPN staff
July 22, 2013 « Live County Championship coverage | Chartbeat test »
Moyes patient on transfer activity

Barcelona have told Manchester United that midfielder Cesc Fabregas is not for sale.

David Moyes confirmed on Monday that the Old Trafford club had submitted an improved bid of £30 million plus add-ons for the former Arsenal star, but reports in Spain claim that has been turned down.

But a statement from the Nou Camp released following Moyes' comments read: "The president, Sandro Rosell, has been very clear with Manchester United. Fabregas is not for sale. "

Moyes had earlier said that he was not the person in control of the transfer saga which has dominated the headlines in recent weeks.

"At this moment I can only tell you that [United's executive vice-chairman] Ed Woodward is working hard to make the deals happen and we're hoping some of them will fall into place shortly," Moyes said.

"I'll hope that things can continue to try to move forward.

United revealed they had made a £25m offer for Fabregas, 26, last Monday, with Woodward leading the negotiations.

"As I understand it, Ed had a response to the first bid," Moyes said at a news conference in Yokohama, Japan, ahead of the third match of United's pre-season tour.

"We have made a second offer, but Ed is dealing with it rather than me."

© ESPN Sports Media Ltd
Close