Football

/ News

Powered by ESPNfc
  • Premier League

Isco urged to join Real as future set to be decided

ESPN staff
June 21, 2013 « Live County Championship coverage | Chartbeat test »
Will Isco choose Manchester City or Real Madrid © PA Photos
Enlarge

Malaga starlet Isco has been urged to choose Real Madrid over Manchester City, after suggesting his future could be decided this weekend.

Forward Alvaro Morata says he hopes his fellow European Under-21 champion will join him at Real next season, as the attacking midfielder prepares to make a final decision on his future.

Isco, 21, is currently one of the hottest properties in world football after his sparkling displays at June's tournament in Israel further confirmed talent which had already been shown during Los Boquerones' impressive Champions League and La Liga campaigns last term.

While City have made an offer to reunite the attacker with his former Malaga coach Manuel Pellegrini at Eastlands for next season, Marca claim that Isco himself would prefer to team up with Morata and other Spanish underage stars Daniel Carvajal and Jese Rodriguez at the Estadio Santiago Bernabeu and a deal could be agreed as early as this Friday.

Morata, also 21, told AS that he had been working on Isco to persuade him to join Madrid, as he knew well how the talent of his La Rojita teammate.

"I tried to put pressure on him, I told him that Madrid was the best club in the world," the youngster said. "I know him for a while, I know he has the capacity to do the dribbles he does, so that does not surprise me."

Isco has been considering his options for a number of weeks, but hinted that he could make a decision this weekend about his next move.

"I prefer not to comment about my future, but the matter could be closed this Sunday," Isco said.

Malaga executive vice-president Moayad Shatat suggested earlier this week that his club's most valuable asset would not be sold for anything less than the €35 million release clause contained in the new contract signed in January, while the Andalucian club's new coach Bernd Schuster admitted that he knew he may not be able to count on the attacker for next season.

© ESPN Sports Media Ltd.
Close