- Premier League
Cisse: No division at Newcastle
Newcastle striker Papiss Cisse insists there is no division at the club following reports of unrest in the dressing room.
Earlier on Wednesday, Newcastle banned The Telegraph after they published a report stating there were tensions behind the scenes between the French players and the rest of the team.
But Cisse has revealed the claims are untrue. "Every player is together. We are totally focused on Saturday's game at West Ham and the two games after that. We have a strong bond and we want the best for our club, our manager and our wonderful fans," Cisse said.
"We are not happy about recent results. Nobody is happy when they lose, but this has only made us stronger as a group and we will come through this together. There is no divide in the team."
Newcastle edged closer towards the relegation zone at the weekend following a 6-0 thumping at St James' Park to Liverpool, with the result leaving them five points clear of the bottom three sides.
Managing director Derek Llambias meanwhile hit back at The Telegraph's claims.
"The club is determined to turn things around and everyone is working together to secure that goal," he said. "It is not helpful when people try and distract the team and the manager with false rumours."