- Premier League
Liverpool target Coutinho 'happy' at Inter
Liverpool target Philippe Coutinho insists he is hoping to stay at Inter Milan for the remainder of the season, despite speculation that the Premier League side have made a formal offer for the Brazilian.
Coutinho, 20, has been strongly linked with a move to Anfield this month and widespread newspaper reports suggest Brendan Rodgers is hoping to recruit the midfielder in time for Liverpool's FA Cup trip to Oldham on Sunday.
It is believed Inter rejected a £6 million bid for Coutinho last week, but negotiations between the two clubs resumed on Monday, although the youngster says he is happy in the Serie A.
"I don't feel that I'm on my way out," Coutinho told Sky Sport 24. "I hope to stay at Inter. I feel the coach and the club trust me. Now I'm focused only on doing my best in my job and getting back on the field soon."
Former Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez handed Coutinho his first-team debut at Inter in 2010 and he made a strong impression while on loan to Spanish side Espanyol last season.