Liverpool have yet to make an offer to move up their acquisition of Naby Keita to this month, RB Leipzig sporting director Ralf Rangnick says.
The Premier League club sealed an agreement with Keita last August to move to Anfield this summer, but sources have told ESPN FC that Liverpool continue to explore the possibility of bringing the forward aboard in this window.
But Leipzig do not want to lose Keita this month as they still remain in a battle to secure Champions League qualification for next campaign and find themselves in the round-of-32 of this season's Europa League.
Keita scored for Leipzig on Saturday as the home side defeated Schalke 3-1 to move to second in the Bundesliga.
But speaking before the game, director Rangnick said there had been no contact from Liverpool about changing the existing agreement, reported to worth some €70 million.
"There are no inquiries or offers for any player who is on the pitch on or the bench for us today from any club," said Rangnick, who added that an increased offer would make no difference.
Rangnick added to Sky Germany about Keita: "Neither the player has told us that he wants to change, nor is there an offer from Liverpool.
"He wants to leave us in the summer. He will play with us until the end of the season. There is nothing more to say."
Keita was booked in the second half, his fifth yellow card of the season ensuring he'll be suspended for the following game.
He might have got another for a foul on Max Meyer before Leipzig coach Ralph Hasenhuettl decided to take him off with just over 20 minutes remaining.
Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.