Everton are ready to rival Chelsea for Swansea striker Fernando Llorente, sources close to the Merseyside club have told ESPN FC.
Everton boss Ronald Koeman has previously said the club are looking to bring in a new striker before the transfer window closes on Thursday and Llorente has now become a target.
Koeman is yet to replace Romelu Lukaku following his £75 million move to Manchester United and he has been frustrated in his attempts to sign some of his top targets.
Llorente's future at Swansea has been the subject of speculation all summer with Chelsea holding a long-term interest in the Spain international.
Chelsea manager Antonio Conte is a big fan of Llorente having worked with him at former club Juventus and he tried to sign the forward last January, but Swansea refused to sell him as they battled to avoid relegation.
Llorente played a huge role in helping Swansea stay up last season, scoring 15 goals in the Premier League in his debut campaign at the Liberty Stadium.
Conte has continued to keep tabs on Llorente's situation at Swansea and is hoping to bring him to Stamford Bridge to add to his attacking options.
Chelsea are seeking a new striker before the transfer window closes with Diego Costa still AWOL after his bust-up with Conte earlier in the summer and Llorente is their top target.
Swansea are reluctant to lose Llorente after selling Gylfi Sigurdsson to Everton earlier this month, but they could be tempted to cash-in on the 32-year-old if a bidding war develops between Chelsea and Everton.
Everton have also been linked with Hajduk Split striker Nikola Vlasic, who has been given permission to leave Croatia under-21 training.