Real Madrid president Florentino Perez has said he has never seen anything like Inter Milan's approach for Luka Modric this summer.
Perez has filed a complaint to FIFA over Inter's approach for Modric earlier in the summer.
"They tried to sign our No. 10 without paying for him," he said. "It's the first time I've seen something like that in my life."
When asked about the situation, Inter vice-president Javier Zanetti has said the club will act accordingly with the allegations made by Perez.
"I haven't heard these comments," he said. "When we do, we will weight them up with the club at the right time."
Speaking on Thursday, after beating Cristiano Ronaldo and Mohamed Salah to win the 2017-18 UEFA Player of the Year award, Modric said that he is "not happy, extremely happy" at Real Madrid.
"I've never seen myself outside of Madrid," he said. "I am at the best club in the world, where I want to be. I am very happy to be here and that's it. I want to keep working and doing things well like I have done in the last six years."
Modric said he does not know about whether he will win the Ballon d'Or and is focused on the season ahead with his club
"It's important to have a good season with Real Madrid and if other awards arrive, perfect," he said. "The important thing is Real Madrid."
The 32-year-old beat his former teammate, Cristiano Ronaldo, to the award and said he is not surprised that the Portugal captain did not show up at the event.
"It didn't surprise me," he said. "I'm sure he has his reasons. I would have liked to see him, but I hope to see him soon."