Leroy Sane has thanked coach Joachim Low and the German FA (DFB) for allowing him to attend the birth of his daughter.
The Manchester City winger, who had been recalled to the Germany squad after missing out on the World Cup, left the camp on Friday, with the DFB citing "private reasons," namely to be present for the birth of his child.
Sane was introduced in the 83rd minute of Germany's 0-0 UEFA Nations League draw with France and will miss Sunday's friendly with Peru.
ESPN Fantasy Soccer: Sign up now
- Sign up now | How to play ESPN Fantasy Soccer
- Everything you need to know for fantasy
- Picks for the Premier League | Newcomers to pick and avoid
- Champions League names to know for fantasy
- La Liga names to know for fantasy
- Breaking down ESPN's scoring system
"Incredibly happy to let you know about the birth of my daughter last night," Sane tweeted. "Mother and child are doing fine.
"Special thank you to the DFB and my coach Jogi Low for letting me leave to be at my daughter's birth. Of course I'll keep my fingers crossed for team tomorrow.
Meanwhile, Low has revealed Mats Hummels will also be unavailable for the friendly against Peru due to a heel injury, and that Nico Schulz will make his international debut in defence.