Tyson Fury's world heavyweight title fight with Wladimir Klitschko has been postponed after the Ukrainian suffered a calf injury in training.
Klitschko said he was "incredibly sorry" for the delay, but vowed the fight would be re-arranged as soon as possible.
Fury had been due to bid for Klitschko's WBA, IBF and WBO titles in Dusseldorf on October 24. The 27-year-old dressed as Batman at a press conference in London on Wednesday which had been called to promote the fight.
Klitschko's manager Bernd Boente told German newspaper Bild: "Next week we will make it known when the fight will be restaged. We will definitely remain in Dusseldorf. The tickets which have already been sold will remain valid."
Fury immediately took to Twitter to express his disappointment:
Well it's official @Klitschko has pull out of the fight with an injury in his leg, it's a bit funny as I predicted this would happen!!!😁😁😁👴🏼— Gypsy King (@Tyson_Fury) September 25, 2015
Don't feel sorry for me I'll b ok, I'm sorry for the fans again as they are the biggest losers hear. Flights & hotels travel, sorry guys🙏🙏🙏— Gypsy King (@Tyson_Fury) September 25, 2015
The postponement is the latest misfortune to befall Fury, who missed out on two potentially lucrative showdowns with David Haye in 2013.
Haye sustained a serious cut in sparring just a week away from their scheduled first bout in September, and withdrew again two months later with a shoulder injury.
In addition, Fury's scheduled meeting with domestic rival Dereck Chisora also had to be postponed in 2014 when the Londoner sustained a fractured hand.