George Groves will take on Badou Jack in a WBC super-middleweight world title fight on the undercard of Floyd Mayweather's fight with Andre Berto in Las Vegas on September 12.
Groves, 27, has bounced back from the back-to-back defeats to Carl Froch by beating Christopher Rebrasse on points last September before stopping Denis Douglin two months later.
As the mandatory challenger to 31-year-old Jack's WBC belt, he will now get a third shot at becoming a world champion, with Jack making the first defence of the title after taking it from Anthony Dirrell in April. And it will be on the biggest stage after Mayweather announced on Tuesday that he will take on Berto at the MGM Grand.
"I have been fortunate enough to experience some of the greatest feelings the sport can give," Groves told Sky Sports. "I have challenged for world titles and I have sold out stadiums, but my true childhood dream of winning a world title is yet to be fulfilled.
"I get that chance on the Las Vegas Strip, the crème de la crème for any fighter on the planet. I cannot wait to achieve my goal and become world champion.
"Badou Jack isn't 'Bad' enough to halt my dream. His WBC belt is all that is on my mind each and every waking moment.
"We have studied Jack. We are prepared for his strengths and ready to expose his weaknesses. Vegas is my second home and I can't wait to come back with a bang."
Jack, meanwhile, said Groves will provide him the "toughest fight of my career". He added: "I always go into a fight with an underdog mentality, even as champion. It feels great to be defending in my adopted hometown of Las Vegas.
"My promoter, Floyd Mayweather, has had my back during the ups and downs of my career and I want to make him and the whole Mayweather Promotions team proud on September 12."
Jack has a 19-1-1, his only defeat coming to Derek Edwards last year.
Groves-Jack was originally scheduled to headline an August 22 card in Las Vegas before being shifted to Mayweather's undercard.
Also on the card, Junior lightweight titlist Roman "Rocky" Martinez, 32, of Puerto Rico, will meet former titleist Orlando Salido, 34, of Mexico, in a rematch of their April 11 slugfest. Salido traveled to Puerto Rico for that fight and lost a competitive decision and his 130-pound title in a fight-of-the-year candidate.
"We are ready and working hard to make sure this title remains in Puerto Rico," Martinez said. "Everyone saw the first fight against Orlando Salido, and I know that this second bout will also be a war. Once again we have the rivalry between Puerto Rico and Mexico, which guarantees plenty of action."
Said Salido, who will be the crowd favorite on Mexican Independence Day weekend: "I'm excited for the rematch with Rocky Martinez. The first fight in Puerto Rico did not go my way. I got off to a slow start and had to fight two fights -- one against the referee and one against Rocky Martinez. On Sept. 12, I am going to take matters into my own hands and look to knock out Rocky to get my world title belt back. Mexico and Puerto Rico have had a great rivalry over the years, and this September you will see me bring the belt home to Mexico, where it belongs."
Meanwhile, Ishe Smith, 37, of Las Vegas, a former junior middleweight titleist and Mayweather protégé, will face contender Vanes Martirosyan, 29, of California.