Quigg to defend title on Froch v Groves undercardESPN staff October 11, 2013 « Cardiff announce Moody departure | Joshua to feature on Brook undercard »
Scott Quigg will defend his WBA super-bantamweight title on November 23 after being added to the undercard of Carl Froch v George Groves.
Quigg will make a swift return to the ring following last weekend's majority draw against Yoandris Salinas, although an opponent has yet to be named for the upcoming fight in Manchester.
"It's great to be out again so soon and in Manchester too," Quigg said. "I was a bit gutted not to get the 'W' against Salinas as I felt that I deserved it. It was a tough fight but one that I felt that I came on very strong in at the end.
"That fight is in the past now though and I'm ready to defend my belt and do so in style.It's going to be a massive occasion with Carl and George's fight set to be one of the biggest in Britain for a long time, so I'm thrilled to be involved."
Also confirmed on the undercard is a fight between Martin Gethin and Anthony Crolla for the British lightweight title.
Meanwhile, promoter Eddie Hearn revealed an offer had been made to Carl Frampton's camp in hope to set up a 2014 fight with Quigg.
"We have made a huge offer to Frampton's licenced manager and promoter Barry McGuigan for Carl to fight Scott in March and are looking forward to opening talks in the coming weeks," Hearn told Sky Sports.
Download ESPN's new UK sport app, a fresh and powerful new way to follow your favourite UK sports news, scores and video.