Active Ogogo sets eyes on European title
Anthony Ogogo, who turned professional in December 2012, plans to fight six times this year as he lays out the blueprint for an attack on a British or European title.
Ogogo is promoted by Golden Boy and will make his professional debut on April 27. His fight will be on the undercard of Amir Khan's clash with Julio Diaz in Sheffield.
The 24-year-old, having turned his back on the Rio Olympics following his bronze medal win in London, is itching to fast-track his way to the top of the rankings, revealing he wants at least 12 bouts over the next 24 months.
"I feel I was born to try and be the best," Ogogo told Metro. "I have a good work ethic and I don't want people to be better than me at anything. I want to make the most of my talent and have big fights as soon as possible.
"The plan is to box six times this year, six-to-eight times next year and then be ready for maybe a British or European title shot."
The 24-year-old, who hails from Lowestoft, also wants to mix up his fight venues - insisting he will be as happy fighting in East Anglia as he would be in the MGM Grand, having previously mooted an appearance on the Floyd Mayweather Jr undercard.
"East Anglia is a big area and not a lot really happens there. Lowestoft is the most easterly point in the UK and to get anywhere is a pain in the arse," he said.
"I want to give people a reason to come and bring some sporting spotlight to the area. That's not to say I don't want to box at the O2 or the York Hall - I want to be a true British sportsman and be respected all over."