Boxing

/ News

  • Heavyweight

Audley confirms he'll fight on

ESPN staff
October 25, 2012 « Di Matteo confirms Lampard injury blow | Chartbeat test »
Audley Harrison was brutally knocked out by David Price earlier this month © PA Photos
Enlarge

Audley Harrison has gone against the advice of a host of fans and pundits by confirming he intends to have one more fight.

Harrison was expected to bring an end to his underwhelming career after he was blown away by David Price inside 90 seconds earlier this month - however, he intends to battle on.

"It's official... I've decided to carry on. One more shot at glory," Harrison said on Twitter. "It could be over, the next fight will tell me. See you in a ring real soon.

"A decision has come from above. He told me, 'Son lace up your gloves, your time as a boxer is not quite done, so go out there and have some fun.'

"Despite the haters... I've had a good journey, truly am grateful for my blessing and give all praise to Jah, God, universe. Rolling the dice!"

Harrison arrived in the professional game with high expectations around him after his gold medal at the Olympics in 2000, but he has failed to live up to them.

Although he has won the European belt, he has also suffered six losses in 31 fights, including heavy defeats in two of his last three, against Price and David Haye.

© ESPN Sports Media Ltd.
Close