Boxing

/ News

  • Welterweight

Bradley urges 'scared' Pacquiao to pick him

ESPN staff
August 16, 2012 « Champions City bid to bolt out the blocks | Chartbeat test »

WBO welterweight Timothy Bradley is growing tired of the waiting game as Manny Pacquiao continues to ponder who his next opponent will be.

Pacquiao is expected to announce this week who he intends to face in November, with Bradley, Juan Manuel Marquez and Miguel Cotto the most likely options.

Bradley took the WBO title from Pacquiao in June on a controversial split decision: many observers, including Bob Arum who promotes both men, felt Pacquiao won comfortably.

Arum said afterwards that he felt there would be little appetite for a rematch due to the one-sided nature of the initial contest, but he has apparently backtracked since then. However, Bradley is still in limbo as he waits to learn his fate.

"To be honest with you, I think a lot of people on that side are scared," Bradley said to the Desert Sun. "He couldn't knock me out with two peg legs [Bradley injured both during the Pacquiao fight]. Me healthy, I'm going to beat him worse.

"If Manny wants to do it, let's do it. It's been a circus around here. I've been sitting around here waiting. I want the fight, but he hasn't decided yet."

© ESPN Sports Media Ltd.
Close