Boxing

/ News

  • Carl Froch v Lucian Bute

Froch cleared of damage to right hand

ESPN staff
May 29, 2012 « White says no to Bonnar & Griffin double act | Chartbeat test »

Carl Froch will resume training in a fortnight after being cleared of any serious damage to his right hand.

Froch complained of soreness following his victory over the previously unbeaten Lucian Bute on Saturday. After claiming the IBF super-middleweight belt, Froch went to hospital to have his hand checked to ensure a swift return to the ring and received positive news on Monday evening.

"Just been to hospital and the x-ray on my right hand has come back clear. I will resume training in two weeks," Froch said via Twitter.

Bute, meanwhile, may call for a rematch after placing a clause in the fight contract entitling him to a second bout with Froch.

However, reports in the English press suggest Froch will prefer his next fight to take place against Mikkel Kessler.

© ESPN Sports Media Ltd.
Close