- Boxing news
Fury announces September showdown
Tyson Fury takes his next steps to securing a bout with one of the Klitschko brothers when he returns to the ring on September 17, with his opponent yet to be named.
Fury wrestled the British and Commonwealth heavyweight titles away from domestic rival Dereck Chisora last month, and the unbeaten 23-year-old will put his perfect record on the line - against a challenger to be named next week - in Belfast.
The 6ft 9in giant had hoped to face former Commonwealth champion Martin Rogan but he is now on the lookout for another opponent after the Belfast man turned down the chance to fight him.
"I'm very disappointed in Martin because he was at my fight with Chisora in London and said right after that he wanted the fight," Fury (15-0, 10 KOs) said. "He was made a massive offer and he was getting the chance to fight in Belfast. He said he was going to beat me senseless and yet he walked away.
"In my opinion that is just the mentality of a bully boy. He talked the talk but he couldn't walk the walk which must be embarrassing for him in his own city. I know he lost twice to Sam Sexton in Belfast and maybe he didn't want to get beaten up again there.
"But the Irish fans will know when they see me box in Belfast that they're looking at the best Irish heavyweight around and I'm not going to walk away from any challenge. I'm going all the way to the world heavyweight title."